Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: MSFS Known Issues

Quote Originally Posted by ansettman View Post
    Melbourne scenery has a mysterious upright structure, like a tower or some thing, jutting up to about 1500 ft located to the East of the field. As a Melbourne resident and simmer, i know there is no such structure in real life. The scenery guys should have got this right. All in all, i'm happy with it and have flown directly over my own house which was recognisable.
    See the article below for more details on what happened with this. The short version is that the sim uses AI to create the scenery, which in turn uses various external sources of data. One of these, Openstreetmap, had a bad value for the height of the house. Sounds like the error has been fixed in Openstreetmap, but won't appear in the sim until they do a refresh of the scenery for the area.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...lator-glitches

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    F-ING AMAZING!! I just read ten pages of issues that obviously show 2020 to date is totally unusable as a sim!!!!! (IMHO a "flight sim" tries to actually simulate RW flying experiences. And yes AOPA, FedEx, UPS, etc. are actually using "sims" to enhance pilot training every day!!)

IMO This product will never ever qualify as nearly as close to a "Sim" as FS9, FSX, X-Pane, or P3D. And yes, as an old real world pilot, I've tried each of those including being totally disappointed with 2020!

So I and probably you as well, was stupid enough to waste $100+- to be "Charley" Testers on a POS software that only shows pretty pictures and is IMO only a test platform for online gaming hand held toys.

There is no way anyone can even pretend this $100 software is even close to being a sim!![ If it were actually a RW product that sold for $100, there would be so many lawsuits about it, it'd rightfully fill up the courts for probably a decade!!!

Forget About 2020!! IMO Unless you play with a handheld game console there is no way they are interested in you or I!!! Didn't they do exactly this same scam a few years with a pretend sim for online use involving "flying" around Hawaii?

BTW: Every time I do a mandatory Windows Ten "update" all it means is I get more ads!!!! They don't G.A.F. about anything but receiving advertisers' dollars!!

If you're still on Windows 7 or whatever DON'T EVEN CONSIDER "UPDATING" TO WINDOWS TEN!!! I'M TRULY SORRY I EVER DID!!! It's as bad as FS2020!!
    Is this a joke? If not, a sedative is recommended.

3. Default

I have been doing flight sims for 20 years and I agree, too much reflexive criticism. How about some gratitude, appreciation, enjoyment, and looking forward to what is to come (Buddhist-type thinking ...). I have excitement about it. I did have to upgrade my joystick as my Microsoft Sidewinder was a mess (to a Thrustmast T Flight HOTAS 1 which works great). I like the idea that I learn new things and am working on "optimizing" it continuously).

So I have spent the afternoon trying to resolve the loading issues with FS2020...my take is I really think this game was released too early, still in the stages of development. This is not a stable game, and yet people have invested a lot of money in upgrading their CPUs and desktops.
    On top of that, I use it via Xbox Game pass which is also buggy. And those 140gb of space needed...
    I will give it a last shot and if unsuccesful, I'll try it again in a couple of weeks when we have hopefully a stable version.
    There are other demanding PC games like Doom Eternal. You can download it and that's it, you can play with it, no issues of updates and crashes and so on. It's not open world but still.
    Fix it or take it out!!

How can they fix what isn't broken? Many of us run it without any real issues. My updates are really very quick. I am sorry your experience is not a happy one, but it isn't the program, it works fine for many of us!
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I spent the best part of 3 weeks trying to get the sim to run. It would load and run to set up a flight but would crash to desktop shortly after clicking on Fly. Usually no error recorded. A couple of errors referenced memory issues.

Today, looking through issues in the event viewer, I discovered that my page file was way too small. I reset it to system managed and the sim runs normally now.

I am in no way suggesting that everyone set the page file to system managed, just because it worked for me.

The point here is that it was not the sim that was the issue, but a setting on my system. No matter how new or robust our systems are we have to check our systems if we are having issues. Sometimes it is our own system that is causing the problem.

Hal
    Alienware Aurora R8, I7-9700K, 32g memory, 1t NVMe boot drive, 2 - 1t SSD for MSFS, 1t SAT drive for storage, RTX 2070 Super 8g,

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    F-ING AMAZING!! I just read ten pages of issues that obviously show 2020 to date is totally unusable as a sim!!!!! (IMHO a "flight sim" tries to actually simulate RW flying experiences. And yes AOPA, FedEx, UPS, etc. are actually using "sims" to enhance pilot training every day!!)

IMO This product will never ever qualify as nearly as close to a "Sim" as FS9, FSX, X-Pane, or P3D. And yes, as an old real world pilot, I've tried each of those including being totally disappointed with 2020!

So I and probably you as well, was stupid enough to waste $100+- to be "Charley" Testers on a POS software that only shows pretty pictures and is IMO only a test platform for online gaming hand held toys.

There is no way anyone can even pretend this $100 software is even close to being a sim!![ If it were actually a RW product that sold for $100, there would be so many lawsuits about it, it'd rightfully fill up the courts for probably a decade!!!

Forget About 2020!! IMO Unless you play with a handheld game console there is no way they are interested in you or I!!! Didn't they do exactly this same scam a few years with a pretend sim for online use involving "flying" around Hawaii?

BTW: Every time I do a mandatory Windows Ten "update" all it means is I get more ads!!!! They don't G.A.F. about anything but receiving advertisers' dollars!!

If you're still on Windows 7 or whatever DON'T EVEN CONSIDER "UPDATING" TO WINDOWS TEN!!! I'M TRULY SORRY I EVER DID!!! It's as bad as FS2020!!
    People the world over are using Win10 with zero issues, myself included. Since you are referring to it as FS2020, I can only assume that the rest of your infantile tirade is equally over exaggerated and incorrect. There is no such thing as FS2020. It is called Microsoft Flight Simulator, with an official abbreviation by Asobo as, MFS. So clearly you're uninformed, and equally unintelligent. Win 7 is full of security holes that were fixed in Win10, and with no active support for Win7 it's like making a boat out of window screens. I like many others, am perfectly happy with with the money I've spent on MFS, and you saying that MFS is not close to FS9 but worse, leads me quickly to believe you've never flown a single hour on the new MFS. Also I don't see where you are getting ads on Win10, since that is easily gotten around with a good ad-blocker. I see no ads what so ever on my system. If you are truly an old pilot then you should know that the limitations of the home desktop simulator will NEVER match those of a full motion Level-D simulator, to even try to use that as a point of contention is laughable at best, and pathetic at the least. I see you've even edited your comment, meaning that you actually thought about it after you posted it, and left it in its current form. All your bold font just serves to call attention the most egregious comments within your outlandish statement but they are not the only points that are off the mark.

8. Default

I have an issue with loading the game. The game started doing weird things overnight. First I had an issue with crashes to desktop that was solved by next update, then after few weeks another issue started to occure. The bluebar when loading the game became moving very slowly and at the certain point everytime stopped. I sent the report to support centre, they offered me some solutions on their website, but those didn't work for me nor forum advices were helpfull. So I reinstalled the whole game that is time consuming thing but it solved my problem... for two days. Then it started again, so I'm trying to reinstall the game again but I've switched off all maintainnance programs this time. I consider if the problem is in my computer or on Xboxe's servers that are overloaded perhaps? I know that it's not only me who has this problem, so why don't they at least tell if they'll solve this issue that occured for some users. I am not the IT expert and why I should be?
    Last edited by Hans Mike; 11-15-2020 at 12:20 PM.

While that blue bar is moving, the sim is loading the files in your Packages folder (the Official ones as well as the Community ones).
    Windows Security will also check them as they are loaded by the sim, and THAT's what causes the delay. You can add the whole Microsoft Flight Simulator folder to the virus exclusions list to speed things up a bit:

Go to the Windows menu, select Settings, Update & Security, then select Windows Security from the list on the left.
    Select Virus & threat protection, then under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
    Scroll down to the Exclusions section and click on Add or remove exclusions.
    Click on + Add an exclusion, select Folder from the drop-down menu and navigate to your MSFS folder:

Microsoft Store version:
    C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages
    Scroll down to Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe and click on Select Folder

Steam version:
    C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
    Scroll down to Microsoft Flight Simulator and click on Select Folder
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

10. Default

Thank you Tiger, I've just done as you said. After reinstallation everything works. Let's see ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast