MSFS Known Issues

I have been flying since FS9, and I am simply blown away by the new sim. I used to be a member on here 15 some years ago when I was much younger (Pc12Pilot2003 and DaveKSan still here?!) Sure there might be some hiccups, however the platform is there and it simply seems like something from the future. I am stoked.

With that said, I'm running the new MSFS on my laptop and everything looks great however my runways are pretty low resolution until I get REAL close. What parameter in the display settings would runways fall under? I'm running an i7 1065 G7CPU (2ish GHz unless overclocked), 16gb Ram (+ additional 16gb virtual from SSD) and 2GB nVidia graphics card. I don't know if I'm just out of luck but I would be 100% okay with nuking a display setting in order to be able to get my runways. Thanks guys!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the mods intention to keep this thread to factual reporting so in case anyone from Asobo and MS looks at it, genuine issues aren't drowned in the noise?

Anyhow here's a couple for the list:

1. On resuming a flight the unique ID and callsign applied to the aircraft had reverted to the default.

2. Autopilot issues on the G1000. On resuming a fight it is off (as we know). Selecting Nav mode with GPS enabled did not change heading towards the waypoint, aircraft continued in a straight line. Setting a heading with the bug and switching to heading mode put the plane into a terminal spin. I also noticed a 100nm discrepancy between the distance shown on FPL on the CDU to the next waypoint and what was shown on the external waypoint marker.

Vern.

Is the mods intention to keep this thread to factual reporting so in case anyone from Asobo and MS looks at it, genuine issues aren't drowned in the noise?

The intent was to provide forum members here information on known issues and, where they exist, solutions or workarounds. Their list of known issues is certainly not exhaustive and many, many more have been reported during the alpha and beta testing. You can, and should, report bugs to the Zendesk link I posted further back in this thread.

I agree that ga aircraft handle really well. Apart from when reloading the flight and it comes on with no autopilot on and crazy extreme trim settings, sending you crashing into the ground if you can't get the autopilot on quick enough to sort out all the weird trim settings it's given itself. Annoying.

Yeah, sorry. I wasn’t trying to derail the thread. I just thought it could be a bug. I’ll make my own. My textures look great except for my runways so I’m not sure what category under setting runways fall under. Just wasn’t sure if anyone else is dealing with that phenomenon.

I appreciate threads like this. No matter how "Beta" testing anything has, companies do seem to rely upon all the 'early adopters' to be their QA Departments. It also reinforces why I usually won't be an early adopter of 'stuff', especially software. I prefer to let others find all the bugs and wait for the firms to apply the bug spray. For now my FSX-SE is pretty much working just fine & dandy.

I WILL be buying FS2020....just not yet.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Its up to you

The objective in life is to have fun

You can wait and watch TV, or you can fly in the other sims. Having fun? Good

I am making one flight a day in MSFS2020 and having fun also

I enter here to see quickies for stuff like if a reduce manual cache would get a faster load etc

Enjoying the best sim around in 2020.

I learned to fly the Airbus which in previous versions was discarded for having a fake autopilot and so on...

Am I expecting more? of course

Always, seasons, better trees, moving passengers, better weather, dynamic atmospheric wind tunnel acting on the plane etc.

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I have 2 questions: 1. how does one save a flight in FS2020?

2. How do you access the opening screen flight planner and weather input from within the sim?

Say you've arrived at your destination and you want to continue on with the same plane to a new destination, how can you access the opening page? I can't find the answer, the only way so far for me was to exit the sim and start it up again.

To save a flight, hit Esc then spacebar to bring up the menu.

I'm not sure at this stage you can load a fresh flight plan into a plane you just landed and serviced. You need to start over on the planner.

Weather can be changed via one of the pull down tabs at the top of the screen.

Vern.

I wonder if they are going to fix or put in , in flight planer or ability to change current inflight planning ,

ie if I take off frm kjfk with no flight plan then I decide I want to make a flight plan to a airport i click on flight plan it does not allow me to put a destination airport in and make a new plan ,,,

am i making sense on this lol thanks

I understand, but considering 90% managed to install it its not a sim bug but some program, hardware, software, driver or win 10 issue in the user’s machine.

In my case installing failed because I dared to use firefox as a browser.

When I switched to Edge, everything went (almost) fine!

Apparantly Microsoft only accepts own products..

found another issue with live weather , I took off frm KSYR went south 215 degrees towards my house , weather at the airport was grey low clouds and rain,, in the sim don't know what the real weather is, heading south to my house where the weather is clear and sun shining few high Columbus clouds and in the sim had low clouds and grey ,, I thought the weather was suppose to be accurate when set on Live weather,,,,, what's up MS to me you are playing the same games to the public that you always have ,,, sad

Nothing is apparent to me to show the sim rate. If I increase it, I have to remember the number of key presses to return to normal rate. I miscalculated and landed in slow motion. Kind of makes it easier though.

There needs to be some kind of display of sim rate when it's not 1, as it is in FSX.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

I bought FS2020 from Steam, and tried everyway I knew and read about to install, no luck. Steam gave me a credit, (thank you) and I downloaded from MS. It installed fine, but no crashes when I try to start a situation. I have a moderately high end machine, and have 2020 settings all on low. HELP!

Install problems means your Windows has issues.

crashes also.

Check tour xbox Gaming Services and reinstall

Install your Xbox Pass for Pc (some say not necessary but it helps)

Make sure you are logged to your MS account

Check your firewall and Windows version (must be higher than 1906)

Kapitan

Yes, and understandable so.

I bought the game thru MStore

As everybody knows, you must login.

First day downloading the game i was using Google and I was logged on to google

Download was failing

Of course!

Opened Edge, log on to Microsoft and it all went smooth

Kapitan

Oversized trees

Excessive stars in cruise alt

Sensitivity and FDE

Issues with autopilot or fmc integration

Disabling Tool Tips not working

Throttle dont stay at idle but start immediately to reverse

Those are a few that i spotted, i bet each simmer has a different bunch to add

Indeed,"road traffic" with a whole bunch of vehicles running erraticaly,going thru each other,disappearing suddenly,third world countries with cities where buildings taller than 5 stores dont exist,airport terminal very unfinished detais,with terminals FS98 style,and on and on and on...aafff

what a shame almost two decades after FSX,we got this!

An easy request to the Zendesk that can be quickly done by MS team is to turn the TAXI ASSIST less exagerated.

First, we dont need those brick walls forming a square in the stop spot, we know where to stop and besides the airport worker is directing us with his own signals.

Second, the blue arrows, it really makes the sim sluggish. A tiny microscopic blue arrow at 100 meters intervals would be enough

Kapitan