Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: MSFS Known Issues

A little harsh?

When I go to Content Manager, a lot of my entries have a message, “Newer game version required to update”. Does anybody know what that means? Can I update, or are they just trying to get me to buy the deluxe version of FS?

This message comes up for planes I already own.

Quote Originally Posted by sfojimbo View Post
    When I go to Content Manager, a lot of my entries have a message, “Newer game version required to update”. Does anybody know what that means? Can I update, or are they just trying to get me to buy the deluxe version of FS?

This message comes up for planes I already own.
    This happens when there is a new version coming. In this case there will be a new update later this week.

Thanks for responding.
    Now I've got the new update, I hope it all works.

Responding to Rupert

I converted to Win 10 from 7 so that I could install MSFS. While I would have preferred to stay with 7, I have been able to make my Win 10 pro (which I paid nothing for) look and feel pretty much like Win 7. So I see no major problem there.

I'm a GA pilot so I know how a plane handles and for the first few weeks I might have agreed with you because I was using an Xbox controller for pitch and ailerons, (I did have pedals for the rudder and brakes) especially at first before I learned how to calibrate the controller and set the sensitivities, I was disgusted with the simulator.

All that has changed when I installed my Thrustmaster T16000M joy stick. Right now I'm very satisfied with the handling of the light aircraft that I've been flying. I live in an area with lots of hills up to about 2500' and I've been flying low following roads a lot. This requires some pretty drastic aerobatic flying and I have to credit the simulator, it does a good job of replicating the flight experience for this type of flying (down in the valleys, climbing over ridges barely above stall speed). Landings are tougher in the simulator than in real life, but maybe that's to the good. I've been able to slip to burn off energy when I was coming in a little too hot, I was impressed with that. You can do loops if you set them up correctly; if you pull too many Gs you'll tear the wings off, just like IRL.

If the simulator can replicate the type of flying I've been doing, I don't see how anybody flying under instruments would have room to complain.

Ny only complaint ts that they used Bing for the landscape. If they would have used something equivalent to Google Earth it would be awesome.

It's only three months old, if they keep improving it, it will be the gold standard someday.

Thumbs down Agree - Many GA Have Stability Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Elvensmith View Post
    Again no mention of revisiting the default aircraft physics which are causing the control issues most of us are having.
    I also have discovered that many of the GA aircraft have controller and general flight mechanics problems. I.E. I learned to and fly a Baron 58. The old FSX models flew fairly realistic. But in MSFS 2020 aileron and rudder control are way out of line; the AP does not hold accurately and even goes wacky; landings are hard; etc.

I'll agree that landings are more difficult in the sim than in real life. It would be helpful if the software was adjusted to make flight paths more stable after passing the runway threshold. I assume it will be fixed / adjusted sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvensmith View Post
    What a load of fanboy tosh!

I've been running flight sims since Airbus A320 on the Amiga in 1993. I'm pretty certain I know my way round a setup screen and stick configurator. I have never come across a sim (sorry, game) where it is virtually impossible to hand fly. I have tried all sorts of sensitivity settings and dialled down the FPS as suggested elsewhere. Over at Avsim someone already posted they have examined the flight dynamics of these default Asbooboo aircraft and they are way off.

I loaded up XP11 yesterday evening and hand flying a Cessna was perfectly stable and enjoyable.

As it stands, FS2020 is a pretty scenery simulator (at the cost of streaming Gb's of data) but as a flight sim it's at best early access.
    Something must be wrong with your setup, surely? I've had great enjoyment with the GA aircraft with over a hundred hours of flight. My only difficulty has been with the over-sensitive rudder. I too am a long-time flight sim enthusiast, having started in 1982. I think it's a bit harsh to describe MSFS2020 as you do. There is a great deal to admire about it, although it certainly has quite a few annoying bugs at the moment.

Check that your controllers are working properly and are calibrated correctly! This sounds like a controller that is calibrated correctly!
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112