MSFS Known Issues

Is anyone having issues with all the screens being blank when loading a flight in the A320N after the latest update. I've Tried restarting the flight but its still the same. Pulling my hair out here.

Yes, it's a known problem which is discussed in another thread (see below). Some of us find that only the stock A320 has a working panel, and then only if the A320N is absent from the Community folder.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The A320NX experimental version works OK. The easiest way to install it is with the FlyByWire installer, available from here: https://flybywiresim.com/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I tried this yesterday, and found that the panel screens are dark not only in the NX, but also in the A320 stock version. When I remove the NX from Community folder, the screens work in the stock plane. I can try the experimental again -- sometimes things change mysteriously in a day!

My apologies, it's the Developmental version you need, not the Experimental version.

This is from the FBW Discord channel #known-issues page:

Known issues with sim version 1.14.5.0 (edited March 11th) :

MAKE SURE TO SWITCH TO THE DEVELOPMENTAL VERSIONS. STABLE VERSIONS ARE INCOMPATIBLE WITH CURRENT UPDATE

- Unable to climb / flaps 1 issue (fix in testing)

- Black screens / unable to start (conflict with another mod/livery or incorrect installation of the A32NX mod, use the installer linked at the bottom to re-install the mod)

- VOR/ADF indicators not showing on the ND (fix in testing)

- EFB not clickable (fixed in development versions)

- Wipers don't function correctly on the FSX liveries

- V/S mode stuck at 1500 fpm (fixed in development versions)

- Left PFD lagging/freezing (The team is aware of the issue and is working hard to resolve it, potential fixes are being tested)

- AP not following the flight plan (leaking input values affect, but don't disconnect the AP) [Workaround: Set dead-zones for your input device higher]

- Autopilot goes direct to RWY on APP (same with the default A320) [Workaround: Use DIR to a waypoint or selected heading]

- Upper ECAM displays incorrect THR levers position / N1 rating.

- Beta tester liveries are incompatible with the A32NX mod.

- Rudder keybindings not working (set your keybinding to rudder axis right and left)

If your problem isn't listed above:

- please visit this page -> http://docs.flybywiresim.com/start/reported-issues/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 1 month later...

Ok so this is my new problem with msfs2020. First off I love msfs2020, I am not a hater at all. I fly the c-172 mostly because that is what I fly in real life.

So here is the problem. Let's say I take a flight, does not matter where, just from point a to point b. IFR flight , If I use the autopilot and I am landing rnav or an ils approach, before I touch down I take it off autopilot, flair up a little and touch down. All goes very well.

Now I go to take off again (Manual no autopilot) and my trim goes crazy. It either goes way up or way down without me even touching it. This happens everytime now.

So I have to not only exit out of that flight but reset the whole simulator.

Is that happening to anyone else ?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Again no mention of revisiting the default aircraft physics which are causing the control issues most of us are having.

If the Flight Model in the Options Menu is set to "Legacy" it will cause the planes to fly like the pilot downed a bottle of Russia's finest along with a handful of Valium. It should be set to "Modern". I am referring to the Flight Model in the Options Menu, not in the aircraft itself. Maybe that helps.

Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

That is because "legacy" was meant to be used with aircraft which use old flight dynamic parameters from FSX. "Modern" is used with the default aircraft, because they define the flight model differently. If you use "legacy" for the defaults, there are no flight parameters defined to allow them to fly properly.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

• 1 month later...
Yes but they never responded to my ticket

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Visually the sim is real nice, a few issues that are minor but will be easily fixed in the future I,m pretty sure. Some aircraft, not all are however lackng as far as dynamics, not that big of a deal and could be fixed with some calibration and tuning, but considering the some of the "Pilots" fly by using an Xbox controller may have some bearing on that. My biggest complaint would have to be the constant updates that in some casess greatly affect the add ons and the lack of add on aircraft by 3rd parties (maybe because of to many updates that affect them, not cost effect to keep making an add on compliant with constant changes). However with the right rig and controllers set up correctly it's not a bad sim/game overall. I think alot of "pilot" got so use to the stagnet FSX sim that many have a hard time with the learning curve of the sim itself, not so much the actual flying, we have to all agree that FSX was out there a long time....we just got use to it and how to deal with it, we got real good at getting around the file system and tweeks.
Computer, lots of electrical thingys

• 1 month later...
I use Legacy only because it allows me to use th pop up statements for panel controls like throttle movement or shutting the engine(s) off, or making the yoke disappear etc.

ASUS

Intel core i7-8700

NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 8Gb

DDR4 16G

HDD 1TB

SSD 256GB (M 2)

MSFS2020 Advanced system

I use Legacy only because it allows me to use th pop up statements for panel controls like throttle movement or shutting the engine(s) off, or making the yoke disappear etc.

ASUS

Intel core i7-8700

DDR4 16G

HDD 1TB

SSD 256GB (M 2)

MSFS2020 Advanced system

• 4 weeks later...
That is because "legacy" was meant to be used with aircraft which use old flight dynamic parameters from FSX. "Modern" is used with the default aircraft, because they define the flight model differently. If you use "legacy" for the defaults, there are no flight parameters defined to allow them to fly properly.

The two choices I get are either "Legacy" or "Lock" no mention of a "Modern" selection

ASUS

Intel core i7-8700

DDR4 16G

HDD 1TB

SSD 256GB (M 2)

MSFS2020 Advanced system

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/6/2021 at 11:50 AM, jlaurie said:

You dont have to use Legacy to have those functions they are all available with Modern flight model. Try it