Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 SSD vs Hard Drive Video

Lightbulb Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 SSD vs Hard Drive Video

Here is a video showcasing the performance and quality differences of an ssd and a hard drive on MSFS 2020.

Welcome to the forum(s). I'm not sure that's the whole story. It's been well known for a long time now that with any sim there will be texture loading issues anytime a fast aircraft is flown at a low altitude over complex scenery. And absent that condition there is no noticeable difference with in-flight performance. And that texture loading "problem" is exactly what's happening over New York City. I'll bet if that same flight over New York was in a Cessna the results would be very different. I wouldn't draw any conclusions based on this video. More testing in more situations is needed before the HDD is abandoned in the pursuit of happiness and inner peace..
    Last edited by W2DR; 08-20-2020 at 12:12 PM. Reason: kant spel
    Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2DR View Post
    Welcome to the forum(s). I'm not sure that's the whole story. It's been well known for a long time now that with any sim there will be texture loading issues anytime a fast aircraft is flown at a low altitude over complex scenery. And absent that condition there is no noticeable difference with in-flight performance. And that texture loading "problem" is exactly what's happening over New York City. I'll bet if that same flight over New York was in a Cessna the results would be very different. I wouldn't draw any conclusions based on this video. More testing in more situations is needed before the HDD is abandoned in the pursuit of happiness and inner peace..
    There is also a load time comparison video.