Thread: Anyone else notice spotty ATC voices?

Default Anyone else notice spotty ATC voices?

For me installation and setup went quite well. I did a few short orientation flights and then tried out the A320. As a long time user of the PMDG 737, the default A320 was different and I'm still not sure what really works and what doesn't (mainly with the FMC as it's different than the one in the 737). So, I'm not sure what is a bug, what is turned off and what is just my lack of experience with the aircraft.

But, I digress - just sharing...

My main issue for this thread is that I'm getting an audible voice from ATC or "myself" only about 10% of the time. I can see the text scrolling, but you only hear the mic chirp - no voice. 10% of the time its fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any solutions out there?

Thanks
    Bryan

Yes, I am getting the same thing, just as you describe. It's not all the time but more often than not I'll just get a chirp and if the ATC window isn't open, no notification ATC needs to talk to me.

After taking off without any ATC (which I've deferred to the co-pilot anyway), I got a semi audible sound about two thirds of the way into my flight, no text repeater message and nothing else after that. So it looks like ATC is actually worse than FS9 or FSX.
    Vern.

Have you installed the English (United States) Language Pack from Windows Update? ATC needs this language pack installed to work properly. Go to Settings/Time & Language/Language and under the Preferred Languages heading, click on + Add a language.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

I do not know if I have this language pack installed for sure. I will give it a try later today and follow up with the forum.

Thanks

I am having the same issue. Language pack installed. All settings verified.

In the sound options switch Text-To-Speech from Azure(generated on a server somewhere) to Windows Offline (locally installed language pack).

There is a work around for now...in the sound settings change the voice setting Azure to Windows. Sound is not as good but you won't have the cut outs. Read on the microsoft forums that they probably need to tweak something server side to push the voice more reliably.

If you have the language pack installed, it is definitely the Azur setting that's failing. Just change this setting to Windows offline and the ATC sound will come back for all messages exchange, you, AYC service and live AI traffic.

Hope this helps

best regards

Just to close this out, switching to the Windows Offline option fixed the issue for me although the quality of the voices and the variation in voices (I think) is much more limited. Thanks for the info.