• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto with Cyborg 3D Gold. Tried a Logic3 PC Proflight 2 didn't work either. Both show upon my PC normally, I can calibrate etc and they worked with FSX. However, in FS2020 they just have a question mark against them with no other info. I don't want to buy another joystick if this is an FS2020 issue. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong here?

Have not purchased the sim yet and I also have the X-52. The X-52 is in the recommended peripherals !

Good Luck and please keep me/us updated on your progress ! Thanks !

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

I have a MS Sidewinder Precision Pro 2.

Make sure the joystick works in Windows. Start> type game controller. Choose the setup usb game controllers and check its working.

Load up MSFS2020 and go to the Controls panel. It should show the name of your controller above and to the right of the keyboard and mouse headings and say it has a default profile. There should be a blank middle panel and a picture of a joystick with an exclamation mark on the right panel.

Manually configure the bindings.

Play with the filter until you find the control you wish to assing a keystroke/joy button etc.

I suggest setting filter to "Essentials". Choose the control I'm using Ailerons as the example.

There should be two columns on the right. Use the first one. Click and choose the input. Do not use Aileron Left Axis or Aileron Right Axis. Use Aileron Axis. Repeat for the other axises and control bindings.

Apply and save.

Unplug any other peripheral you have like pedals etc,, start the sim and go to Controls. It should find your joystick or yoke with a big question mark, click and it will take you to the setup screen. In the Filter window move to Essentials, you get the list on the right. Start with the Flight control surfaces--Primary controls surfaces, now choose Aileron Left and click on the black left window which takes you to a large screen >Aileron Left (Roll Left) and move your yoke or joystick to the left, a little notice will pop in there, click validate. Now you re back at the main list---Move your joystick or yoke to the left and the little sign will Light up----that means you have programmed the Aileron correctly to the Left---Do this for the rest of the Primary control Surfaces and you are done. Continue this way for all your Yoke or Joystick assignments. Be sure to adjust Sensitivity for all surfaces.

I'm trying to get my Saitek ST290 Pro to work. The sim identifies it fine, and when I select it as the main controller, it even gives me a list of the buttons, POV, etc, so that I can choose what each of them does.

The problem I have is that I have no idea which button is which, and there is absolutely nothing that I can find to tell me which one is which.

On the problem of no response, have you made sure that you have up to date drivers AND SOFTWARE installed, especially for the older sticks. That's what I'm in the process of doing, on the premise that the Saitek software actually maps the location of each button for me, at least.

John Glossop

Lapsed FSX scenery developer

I have a Saitek joystick that I can calibrate it one place but shows up just as a question mark in the assignments screent and won't work at all. It works fie with FSX. Any help would be appreciated!

Same here wuith my Logitecch Force 3D PRO.

Everything in my Windows 10 / 64 bit works / Checked all movements in Windows Configuration/apparatus

I can configure all knobs in FS2020 settings . IN Game all knobs , also LOOK around works BUT

In settings i can see that de sim see my movements pitch yaw roll trottle but after starting up the &*%$%#%$#$%^$#%$GAME:

NO PITCH, NO YAW , etc AND NO TROTTLE

Intel® Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz 10 Cores 20 Logic Processors , NVIDIA RT 2080Ti , ASUS-ROG STRIX Z490-H Gaming MoBo, 64Gb-JibJaw RAM , M2_2 970EVO SSD , M2_1 MLM2x30 Kinston 2Tb , OS- Windows10/64bit

i have got the Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game for 3 days now!

Force 3D Pro: IN SETTINGS IT IS ALL OKÉ !!! ROLL/Pitch/yaw and trottle work here

BUT:

STILL CAN'T GET JOYSTICK WORKING """"ïn Game """"

In my Windows 10 / 64 bit EVERYthing is working oké in Configuration/Apparatus!

BUT after starting ( several) planes : NOTHING !!!!! NO pitch/ NO roll/ No Yaw/ NO Trottle!

WHY DID I BOUGHT IT!!??!?!?????? Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe

why couldn't i wait for at least one year until ( some) of the bugs are out. Because this SUCKS!!!! THIS NOT AN ALPHA GAME AT ALL!!!!

Edited by DominicS
Language...
Intel® Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz 10 Cores 20 Logic Processors , NVIDIA RT 2080Ti , ASUS-ROG STRIX Z490-H Gaming MoBo, 64Gb-JibJaw RAM , M2_2 970EVO SSD , M2_1 MLM2x30 Kinston 2Tb , OS- Windows10/64bit

i have got the Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game for 3 days now!

Force 3D Pro: IN SETTINGS IT IS ALL OKÉ !!! ROLL/Pitch/yaw and trottle work here

BUT:

STILL CAN'T GET JOYSTICK WORKING """"ïn Game """"

In my Windows 10 / 64 bit EVERYthing is working oké in Configuration/Apparatus!

BUT after starting ( several) planes : NOTHING !!!!! NO pitch/ NO roll/ No Yaw/ NO Trottle!

WHY DID I BOUGHT IT!!??!?!?????? Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe

why couldn't i wait for at least one year until ( some) of the bugs are out. Because this SUCKS!!!! THIS NOT AN ALPHA GAME AT ALL!!!!

I had some serious problems at first and was in your shoes. I was pissed. I have the MS Sidewinder 2 Force feedback and I had to figure out how to map the controls/buttons. It was a PITA for sure but it took some time to get it. Slow down and go back to the options and try again. It may take a couple of tries to get it right.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

you have to configure it manually

Z axis, POV buttons, there are dozens of threads in this forum with the same questions

Everybody must configure it manually

Mine is MICROSOFT brand and still i have to configure it manually

Here 5 of you guys have the same question

I gather MS has sold 30,000 sims already judging by the number of

guys trying the missions and finishing statistics

So imagine how

many more threads we are going to have on the same

Mods could put a Sticky

"Atention Joystick read first"

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I have a MS Sidewinder Precision Pro 2.

Make sure the joystick works in Windows. Start> type game controller. Choose the setup usb game controllers and check its working.

Load up MSFS2020 and go to the Controls panel. It should show the name of your controller above and to the right of the keyboard and mouse headings and say it has a default profile. There should be a blank middle panel and a picture of a joystick with an exclamation mark on the right panel.

Manually configure the bindings.

Play with the filter until you find the control you wish to assing a keystroke/joy button etc.

I suggest setting filter to "Essentials". Choose the control I'm using Ailerons as the example.

There should be two columns on the right. Use the first one. Click and choose the input. Do not use Aileron Left Axis or Aileron Right Axis. Use Aileron Axis. Repeat for the other axises and control bindings.

Apply and save.

Awesome news that you've got your Precision working, mind sharing your settings?

I have an X52 controller which I configured to use in Flight Simulator 2020. When I use the controller and throttle it moves the control surfaces of my plane but then they get stuck. For example, if I pull back on the stick the elevator moves to pitch the plane up but when I release the stick the elevator continues to pitch the plane up putting it into a loop or stall. If I push the stick forward the elevator moves to lower the pitch but when I release the stick the elevator continues to pitch down putting the plane into a dive.

The same thing happens with the ailerons and rudder. If I push the stick left or right the plane rolls but when I release the stick the roll continues increasing making it crash into the ground. A similar thing happens with the throttle. When I move the throttle forward or backwards it only seems to go instantly to full throttle or cuts the throttle to zero. It doesn’t gradually increase or decrease the throttle like it should be doing.

Does anyone know why Flight Simulator 2020 is doing this or how to fix it. How do I get the control surfaces to recenter themselves when I release and center the control stick. I don’t know why it is not working since the X52 is one of the devices that Microsoft recommended using for Flight Simulator 2020. Please help me with figuring out why it is not working, thank you.

Thats NOT the way: Its a DESASTER!!!!!

flown XPLANE 11 ( 737 zibo ) for month now : SPLENDID reaction and smooth controlling.

BUT THIS FS2020 amaturism with setting up the FORCE 3D PRO (!!!!!) I sa COMPLEET DESASTER.

I will post my findings on YouTube , perahps today

Edited by DominicS
language...

Sending a print of the place where you “think” you have configured is so easy

Immediately we will see if you are at the right place and did the right thing

I am sure the minute you send a print i will look at it and say

“ No, wrong place”

Its not the sim, its you

Kapitan

Your missig the Throttle Axis

Its called the R Axis

Roll down, it should be below there

Also you are missing the POV views, they must be configured in joystick also under the chapter Camera

Kapitan

Set your joystick flight control surfaces like this

mini-SET YOUR JOYSTICK FLIGHT CONTROL SURFACES LIKE THIS.jpg

Edited by hawky007