ATC And others not working

Bobby23

Hi all. I have recently booted up FSX and found ATC requests not working. For instance when I request IFR clearance there is no reply, either written or audio, also buttons such as FD, auto pilot, auto throttle are not working ie; not lighting up.

Has anyone any suggestions please. Many thanks Bob

I know this will sound dopey, but it sounds to me like your aircraft isn't fully turned on. Try pressing Ctrl+E to make sure everything is booted. You might want to make sure you are I a default plane first.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

I know this will sound dopey, but it sounds to me like your aircraft isn't fully turned on. Try pressing Ctrl+E to make sure everything is booted. You might want to make sure you are I a default plane first.

I will try your suggestion, I'm sure it is something stupid as you suggest. After booting FSX & got the problem I tried 3 different aircraft & they were all the same. Ty

Does this problem happen in default aircraft? If so, perhaps backup the original FS.cfg file - (put it somewhere else safe) - then go back and delete the original. Then start FSX - it will re-build a new Config file - see if that works as a fix. If it does, you can copy-back any tweaks you might have added to the FS.cfg in the past...