Where to install MSFS 2020

Good day friends of flightsim.

What partition is needed to install MSFS 2020?

- partition C: will not have enough space, will it work on a different partition too.

- Is there a loss of frame rates, when MSFS 2020 being installed of other partition than C:

Happy flying

Jonny

The word is the sim installs partially to C: with largest part configurable during install to where you want.

I only use single partitions (Except for O/S required partitioning) Plan on installing FS2020 to physical NVMe D: drive and download cache will be on physical HDD G: (Configurable INSIDE the sim).

No FPS loss if installed on different locations.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hi Jonny,

Yes, based on the info available you should be able to install on a different partition or a separate drive. How you will do that will depend on how you buy it via digital download - either direct from MS or via Steam - or if you buy it on the 10 DVD package available from Aerosoft - this is in the EU only.

See this thread for some additional info on what will be required.

As for framerates - IME of using FS2004 and FSX on both a different partition and on a separate drive I wouldn't think there will be any loss.

Regards

Brian

I've got the Steam version on pre-order. As my C: drive is getting crowded I've prepared space as follows:

Open Steam interface > select 'Steam' on Menu bar > select 'Settings' > select 'Library'

on the right side, select 'Steam library folders' then 'add library folder'

Choose whichever drive you like. I use a second drive. 'D:\Flight'

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

..and all for naught. The so-called Steam version I have is only a loader, apparently. The sim is still downloaded and installed from MS-asobo servers. You have to specify the library folder again, it seems, cos it's saving to default right now as I download, which is C: Argh! Didn't realize that in time, and now 50% is downloaded so I'll just let it finish.

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.