Old Simulator books.

Frits Egelie

It is many years ago i did Flightsimulator 98 and 2000.

But now with the modern computers, ( i have a Acer Predator Po5-610) and the the new Sim, i expect a enormously boost in using the new sim.

But , still i have much books from flight simulator 98 and 2000. Also charts and more.

Could i use that all in the new sim, or is it not valid any more. ??

Frits Egelie

Navigational data may be out of date like waypoints or NDBs, etc. Even the magnetic bearings will be out of date.

If you fly using SIDs and STARs in the U.S., I go to this website and grab the IFR plates.

For sectionals I go here.

Since I fly in FSX, I mostly use a program called Little NavMap. I'm sure this program will be updated to use the database of the new simulator so keep your eye out on the development. Little NavMap works great if you have two monitors.

As to books, check out this online resource.

That is a very interesting and old piece of CH Products history right there. The game port to USB adapter should work, I'm not too sure if it'll require a driver though, Windows may in fact detect the adapter its self and withen the adapter the chip will signal Windows to install a built-in game port driver. At least this is the theory. If for some reason this doesn't work, old sound cards specifically made by Creative will have a game port built-in and that can be used. The only problem here though is that these old sound cards use the old PCI card slot interface. New motherboards typically don't even have an old PCI card slot interface anymore. There may be dedicated PCIe game port boards however.

CRJ_simpilot

i will trying t use two methods.

I do have a pdf. In that there is a color picture of convert this CH product to a usb.

Also i could try a LOGIC LINK USB 2.0 to Gameport adapter.

i will try the last First.

Do you know or it is possible to undock some thingd in FS2020 ?

Frits