Looking for comparable alternative to Logitech flight controls

As I have done my research, a large part of it consists of following customer satisfaction reviews. Logitech does not garner any warm and fuzzies when it comes to setup and product support... actually even their current sales woes are a major concern.

If anyone can suggest alternative control bundles that are somewhat close in price point as well as realism, not to mention durability I would be forever grateful. I understand that I may need to take it to the next cost tier and as long as its not an astronomical increase, I would definitely be interested in hearing your recommendations.

thanks

I have ZERO flight experience. TOTAL newbie. But, my goal is to build a pit. MS FS 2020 Ultimate already pre-ordered. I am jumping in with 2 feet to satisfy my life long desire but inability to fly. Go big or go home! If this goes well, i may follow my dream to actually fly.... there is still time.

All hardware is difficult to set up exactly as desired. The reason you read so much about logitech is that most people use those. Also, a lot of threads were when the hardware was not made by logitech yet but by the much smaller saitek company. Back then there were issues because they could not keep up with demand.

Most threads are of course started because of a problem. Why else start a thread.

What hardware is best with fs2020? I have no idea, and neither does anyone else. The game is not out yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well MSFS 2020 is out and I'm running the same Saitek Pro Flight equipment I've had since FS2004 and FSX. The Yoke, rudder pedals, and two throttle quadrants worked flawlessly with the fresh install of MSFS 2020 without any added drivers or issues. My Saitek Multi Panel and two Saitek Radio panels have not been recognized by it yet so I'm figuring out the driver issue there. Haven't gone to the Logitech site to check on support for them yet but they'll probably be working on that furiously. They have those individual instruments too so there's a lot at stake for them.

Excellent information, thank you. Yeah, I assumed there was ZERO chance the Saitek stuff was not going to work, so I bought the 3 piece set and am waiting on that now. since I am SOOOO new to this, this will keep me plenty busy till I am ready to start buying addon stuff. by then, the drivers will catch up surely. so, just to get an idea, are the components like the different panels and such, are they not just plug and play? do I need to get familiar with any electronics basics to be able to run wiring between these things and some sort of control panel? Are there any places that you would recommend that would show be what a setup looks like behind the scenes? Im going to hit youtube, but if you have something like a link available , I would def be interested. thanks for the information

• 4 weeks later...
I appreciate the response. I ended up going with the saitek stuff. I found it available except for pedals which will be here mid October. I will give it a try but once I dive deep I will probably upgrade to a feedback yoke.

• 3 months later...