MSFSXX install and purchase suggestion.

Given all the miss, and lack, of information to date I would not purchase it until we can get it from sites like these and or local stores as DVDs.

From everything I can get there are many things that people are going to be surprised about, OS version, Install location, Access, Development, Storage capacity, Inet speed….

I will not purchase and or suggested to everyone I know to do the same, this in my opinion, at least at this point is not worth the effort. Look at other sims which are presently available and are not as intrusive and demanding.

You're going to be hard pressed to find it on DVD, unless you live in Europe. All games have different requirements, and many of FS2020's have been discussed by the developers, so not sure what to tell you there. High demands come from pushing the edge of the envelop and taking a generational leap. If that's not for you, so be it, but I wouldn't tell other people to follow your lead "just because".

Uh Oh, your going to drive zswobbie1 up the wall calling it "XX"

Nothing wrong with your wait and see approach. I don't like buying expensive hardware until it's been out long enough to at least get a few reviews proving there's nothing seriously wrong with it.

Software though can be updated quickly with a simple patch.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Given all the miss, and lack, of information to date I would not purchase it until we can get it from sites like these and or local stores as DVDs.

From everything I can get there are many things that people are going to be surprised about, OS version, Install location, Access, Development, Storage capacity, Inet speed….

I will not purchase and or suggested to everyone I know to do the same, this in my opinion, at least at this point is not worth the effort. Look at other sims which are presently available and are not as intrusive and demanding.

Lack of information? Good Heavens, we have been inundated with it -- check out the forums and videos! As I recall, the original announcement from Microsoft answers several of your questions. Do your homework. To get you started, the required OS is Windows 10.

Lack of information? Good Heavens, we have been inundated with it -- check out the forums and videos! As I recall, the original announcement from Microsoft answers several of your questions. Do your homework. To get you started, the required OS is Windows 10.

Expected, you are satisfied with W 10, very likely you have no idea of how different they are?

None of questions were answered in the posts that I have seen, and I've been around.

Maybe you can tell me.

When and where can I get the DVD version in the store?

When and where will I be able to get the download version from anywhere else other than the A$$obobo / M$ hand picked sellers?

How much access do I have to making my own changes to a flight model, and or how create my own?

Good havens, I think I, or anyone else, can sell you some property in the middle of Nevada with Ocean view, anything will do for some.

Expected, you are satisfied with W 10, very likely you have no idea of how different they are?

None of questions were answered in the posts that I have seen, and I've been around.

Maybe you can tell me.

When and where can I get the DVD version in the store?

When and where will I be able to get the download version from anywhere else other than the A$$obobo / M$ hand picked sellers?

How much access do I have to making my own changes to a flight model, and or how create my own?

Good havens, I think I, or anyone else, can sell you some property in the middle of Nevada with Ocean view, anything will do for some.

If you simply look through the threads in this or any similar flight sim website (or do a search for specific topics, which is faster), you will find the answers you are looking for. But despite your unwarranted sarcasm -- which tempts me to say the hell with it -- I will try to help you (not sure why).

Concerning Windows 10, I have been a Windows 7 user until 10 days ago when bought a new computer with this OS, which turns out to be easy to use and is not that different from Win 7. The DVD version of MSFS is available only in Europe, as the Microsoft announcement makes clear. I have ordered the download version from the Microsoft store, which requires setting up a Microsoft account (no charge for that), but you can also purchase through Steam. I am pretty sure that you will not be able to create your own flight models, nor could you in FSX or FS9 as far as I know.

Possibly you can offer to pay for the new sim by trading for your ocean-view property in Nevada --it should be worth at least 60 bucks.

If you simply look through the threads in this or any similar flight sim website (or do a search for specific topics, which is faster), you will find the answers you are looking for. But despite your unwarranted sarcasm -- which tempts me to say the hell with it -- I will try to help you (not sure why).

Concerning Windows 10, I have been a Windows 7 user until 10 days ago when bought a new computer with this OS, which turns out to be easy to use and is not that different from Win 7. The DVD version of MSFS is available only in Europe, as the Microsoft announcement makes clear. I have ordered the download version from the Microsoft store, which requires setting up a Microsoft account (no charge for that), but you can also purchase through Steam. I am pretty sure that you will not be able to create your own flight models, nor could you in FSX or FS9 as far as I know.

Possibly you can offer to pay for the new sim by trading for your ocean-view property in Nevada --it should be worth at least 60 bucks.

I am not sure you are getting it.

Yes, there was a way to build your own acft in FSX, FS9...

DVDs being available only in EU is an insult to us in USA, as far as I am concern they can staick until I can get it here in the DVD form from a local store and or site I trust and visit.

I've had W10 for a long time, the problem is that they want to dictate what version I should have to play this stupid game, it's not going to happen.

No, I will not set up a M$ account or any other just for a game.

I have control of my money and they are not getting it unless it's on my terms, but you are welcome to sell your property in Nevada, with ocean view, and may be able to get this silly game. If you are old enough look into the Reverse mortgage that may help you get what you so badly want.

I will not allow anyone to treat me like a child I have plenty of toys and until they do what I want, the way I want it, they can buy it themselves.

I have plenty of things to keep me busy and I suggest that others look around, there are other sims out there, and don't allow themselves to be taken advantage of.

DVDs being available only in EU is an insult to us in USA, as far as I am concern they can staick until I can get it here in the DVD form from a local store and or site I trust and visit.

I've had W10 for a long time, the problem is that they want to dictate what version I should have to play this stupid game, it's not going to happen.

I have control of my money and they are not getting it unless it's on my terms, but you are welcome to sell your property in Nevada, with ocean view, and may be able to get this silly game. If you are old enough look into the Reverse mortgage that may help you get what you so badly want.

I will not allow anyone to treat me like a child I have plenty of toys and until they do what I want, the way I want it, they can buy it themselves.

I have plenty of things to keep me busy and I suggest that others look around, there are other sims out there, and don't allow themselves to be taken advantage of.

Glad to know you appreciate my help. You are most welcome. Good day to you, sir, and I must say it has been most interesting talking with you.

My apologies, I must not be getting it either. Media these days is moving increasingly to cloud-based. Movies, TV, music... It's not just for games, and not just for FS2020. Notice I didn't say that's necessarily a good thing, but it is a convenient one. The DVD version is only being released in Europe because that's the deal they were able to work out. Even so, you will still need to download an update - or at the very least, should highly do so. Alternatively, you can get it directly from MS or from Steam.

I don't completely understand what you're getting at. FS2020 is far from the first game requiring an account and it won't be the last. That's part of the "online-ness" of gaming these days. I'm not saying that's a good thing but it is what it is.

You honestly lost me with the W10 thing. Unless it has been stated to only work with W10 and you're mad at that which I can understand, but then you said you have W10...

"I will not allow anyone to treat me like a child I have plenty of toys" -- Huh?

I don't see how any of this is trying to take advantage of you, but if you're content with what you have, more power to you. I'm just not sure what you're complaining about if you're not interested in the first place. If you're looking for it to come on DVD and be offline only then you're setup for disappointment.

Asobo have said all versions of the sim will come with the SDK for making aircraft and other add-ons. Are you looking for something more?

All computer programs have a minimum operating system requirement, why would you expect MSFS to be any different?

Whether DVD, MS Store or Steam, all will almost certainly require a Microsoft account, to specially for the online content. Most DVD options for games still require online activation too, including the European DVD set. So looks like this isn’t the sim for you. And as to DVD distribution, between the storage size of the sim and the fact so few people have an optical drive these days, it isn’t surprising that there isn’t a worldwide option. Europe got it because Aerosoft pushes for it.

Sometimes folks will whinge just for the sake of whinge-ing. We all have an unusual hobby or two - lol

Like me - I'm NOT switching to that there 'color TV' thing-a-ma-bob until I'm sure the technology will stick around. My B&W set works just fine, thank you very much. :p

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

So looks like this isn’t the sim for you.

Yes, I agree with that statement and you can extend that to any self respecting Rel World pilot.

Over the years I probably recommended FSX and other sims to hundreds of new and existing pilots. This one I will never recommend to anyone, if anything stay away, we all seem to be treated like some pipsqueaks that are stealing money from the parents wallets.

Really! Split the 172 and try to get another $10.00 for an acft, one of the 3 that are actually of any real use in the release. Everything thing else is just fantasy for wannabes. Horrible idea, they just want to make it look like there are some different versions, which they are not.

Just treating people like idiots, I assume they are used to the shoot them up crowd. I hope they come to their senses and start treating us like real people.

First they abuse people by using them a free labor, which I am sure is in the thousands of hours, and then they stick yo them again. You want something useful? Just give me another $10.00 because I am smart and you are and idiot, easy money.

Just grow up set up a price and I will decide if I want it. Get some decent distribution, stop trying to force people into giving up their privacy, stop treating people like 2 year olds, and be honest with people.

From what I've seen so far it does not look like we are missing much.

A promise that was not kept (for Real World pilots), yea, which, A320, 747... miserable distribution trying to maintain total and complete control and force you to give up your privacy for a miserable game. No thank you.

Yes, I agree with that statement and you can extend that to any self respecting Rel World pilot.

Over the years I probably recommended FSX and other sims to hundreds of new and existing pilots. This one I will never recommend to anyone, if anything stay away, we all seem to be treated like some pipsqueaks that are stealing money from the parents wallets.

Really! Split the 172 and try to get another $10.00 for an acft, one of the 3 that are actually of any real use in the release. Everything thing else is just fantasy for wannabes. Horrible idea, they just want to make it look like there are some different versions, which they are not.

Just treating people like idiots, I assume they are used to the shoot them up crowd. I hope they come to their senses and start treating us like real people.

First they abuse people by using them a free labor, which I am sure is in the thousands of hours, and then they stick yo them again. You want something useful? Just give me another $10.00 because I am smart and you are and idiot, easy money.

Just grow up set up a price and I will decide if I want it. Get some decent distribution, stop trying to force people into giving up their privacy, stop treating people like 2 year olds, and be honest with people.

A promise that was not kept (for Real World pilots), yea, which, A320, 747... miserable distribution trying to maintain total and complete control and force you to give up your privacy for a miserable game. No thank you.

What on earth are you rambling on about?

Grandpa Simpson, is that you???

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

I tried to help earlier, but this is incoherent.

What on earth are you rambling on about?

Grandpa Simpson, is that you???

I tried to help earlier, but this is incoherent.

Yep, 2 year old mentality, only 3 of you? Not likely they will do well with just so few of you.

Parents check your wallets.

I assume you can also save a 747 full of passengers by just learning and using FSXX?

I will state again, This whole distribution and approach to sale process is horrible and it has to change, or go back to shoot them up which is what it looks like it's familiar to them.

Sometimes folks will whinge just for the sake of whinge-ing. We all have an unusual hobby or two - lol

Like me - I'm NOT switching to that there 'color TV' thing-a-ma-bob until I'm sure the technology will stick around. My B&W set works just fine, thank you very much. :p

I like how you think! Meanwhile can any suggest where I might obtain replacement tubes for my Marconi radio set. It's top notch tech.

we sim to enjoy and get excited about flying as real as possible in a computer.

Right now MSFS2020 is downloading 30gb of content, another 65gb to go

im excited and happy

You see, the sim hasnt even started yet and im enjoying the download progress

What about you?

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Buy it on Steam, then you get 1hr 59mins to try it out and if you don't like for any reason, get a refund.

It takes most people over 2 hours to DL (if they can even get it to DL at all) and steam counts this as time played so NO REFUNDS! Lots of unhappy campers on steam forum. I will wait a while I was not going to buy on steam anyway.