Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Article: What Settings Do I Use in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Preview Build?

Blog Entries

Default Article: What Settings Do I Use in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Preview Build?

I don't see a video here.

Click on the YouTube Channel link above.

4. Default

Super helpful. Plenty of stuff to try after the 18th!

So, unlike FSX...It's Graphics Card rather than CPU that makes the most difference?

way too much yappin, Just when you get the sim just put things at 50%. No matter what your machine. then with time you can turn things up or down, as to how your machine presents. One thing for sure do not have anything plugged into Drive J, K. D. etc. You want a clean drive. Also clean c:\ drive. Right click on C:\ scroll down to Properties right click on Properties & it takes you to disk cleanup. I do this twice a week. I also have Webroot and Avast cleaner installed to keep things as clean as possible. And I am working with an Nvidia GTX1050ti which handles Preparv5 very nicely.

Highly informative video, many thanks MrYorkiesWorld!

I have the majority of my simulators on a couple of TB SSD and find that unlike an old mechanical drive...the necessity to keep them tidy, is not so paramount...as is registry cleaning; in other words...leave it alone:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/windows-r...y-error-clean/

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001077.htm

https://blog.ipswitch.com/should-you...-like-ccleaner

Regarding P3D v5 and the new Flight Simulator..literally worlds apart.

W33

To set the record straight. by right clicking on the C: drive to get to disk cleanup it has nothing to do with the registry. It just cleans up the garbage from Internet, temp file, and garbage dump. I am sure v5 and the new sim are worlds apart. Can't wait to get mine, as I bought the whole 9 yards. I want to own it.

Quote Originally Posted by dcmair View Post
    way too much yappin
    Very rude...at least thank the author of the video for the time and effort they put into it.

One thing for sure do not have anything plugged into Drive J, K. D. etc.
    ?? Not sure what you mean by this, as I have numerous drives/partitioned installed on my system and I have no issues running multiple simulators.

Perhaps you could clarify your statement?
    Last edited by DominicS; 08-15-2020 at 05:49 PM.

10. Default

way too much yappin, Just when you get the sim just put things at 50%. No matter what your machine. then with time you can turn things up or down, as to how your machine presents. One thing for sure do not have anything plugged into Drive J, K. D. etc. You want a clean drive. Also clean c:\ drive. Right click on C:\ scroll down to Properties right click on Properties & it takes you to disk cleanup. I do this twice a week. I also have Webroot and Avast cleaner installed to keep things as clean as possible. And I am working with an Nvidia GTX1050ti which handles Preparv5 very nicely.
    A clean drive will make absolutely no difference whatsoever in the case of an SSD. If you do "disk cleanup" twice a week with an SSD then you're simply wasting your time. You're also wasting money on third party programs which will also do nothing to help. I have over 10 years' experience working in IT and give this same advice every day to people who believe the big companies out there trying to take people's money with their pointless products.

Additionally, these extra programs will actually slow down your machine. They constantly scan and check your system for "faults". This process will only give your system more to do, which can actually induce stuttering inside the simulator and make your FPS count plummet.

Furthermore, the "yappin" is the whole point of giving people enough information to make a video worthwhile and to help them with their performance issues in the sim. It's what over 7,400 people on my channel make requests for quite regularly. It would be very unrealistic and pointless to make a video which simply gives everyone the same instructions. Every simulator is different, every system is different.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by MrYorkiesWorld; 08-18-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast