Came to visit with you guys at the IA27 Fly-In. Nobody's here?

It's either that or the epic rain storm I experienced is causing everyone to go home early and build Arks!! :eek::eek:

Michael

PS, I have to admit I love any plane with a radial!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Yep, Michael, I couldn't agree with you any more than that! This one is special to me! I just flew it around the pattern only to have one of the nicest wheel landings I have ever made! Go figure, with that big ole radial sitting out in front, you would think that would play havoc with your decent rate on landing!

It just slid right in the pocket once you pointed it in the right direction and just control the decent with minor throttle adjustments! She is a charm for sure! Now, the 185's that I have, those will try your patience!:rolleyes: A tad lighter than this older lady!

Thanks for commenting Michael!

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Yes, the 195 is beautiful! Sorry you missed us. Everyone left the party. I think there were a few left over hot dogs :confused:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All well Rick, thanks! Bianca and I are still Corona free. All well here, besides a heatwave (over 35 Celsius the last 6 days) My compu is repaired (they couldn't repair FSX, but everything is saved) I'm waiting for the new Sim, and I hope it works on my compu. :):)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All well Rick, thanks! Bianca and I are still Corona free. All well here, besides a heatwave (over 35 Celsius the last 6 days) My compu is repaired (they couldn't repair FSX, but everything is saved) I'm waiting for the new Sim, and I hope it works on my compu. :):)

Glad to hear all is well and welcome back. As for the new sim, I think I’m going to stay on the sidelines for a bit and see how things go. I have a feeling it will need everything new to run that sim at ideal.

5B717437-5309-4656-B534-5EF2906EC6B6.jpeg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, me too David! And, yes, from what I hear, it will take some high horse power demands of a computer. I look at all the simmers that are still using

FS2004 and are still very content with what it offers! I may, too, be one of those that continue to use FSX, and be content with what I have had for all these years! Usually, when somebody comes along and offers you "bigger and better," it will have to come with a COST! And a computer equipped with the necessary items to make this work, just isn't going to be an option for me!

David, you for one, just went thru the expense of a nice computer! Even with what that has to offer, will it be enough to get the job done to run the new program?

Oh well, I am with David, I will just sit back on the sidelines and watch and hear what goes on!:rolleyes:

Yep, me too David! And, yes, from what I hear, it will take some high horse power demands of a computer. I look at all the simmers that are still using

FS2004 and are still very content with what it offers! I may, too, be one of those that continue to use FSX, and be content with what I have had for all these years! Usually, when somebody comes along and offers you "bigger and better," it will have to come with a COST! And a computer equipped with the necessary items to make this work, just isn't going to be an option for me!

David, you for one, just went thru the expense of a nice computer! Even with what that has to offer, will it be enough to get the job done to run the new program?

Oh well, I am with David, I will just sit back on the sidelines and watch and hear what goes on!:rolleyes:

Luckily I do have resources to upgrade. I want to do it right when the time comes along. Yoke/Stick, Rudder pedals, throttle quadrant and monitor. So I‘be been saving a new sim fund.

I’m looking forward to seeing through the different forums, Facebook groups, etc how things progress to take the plunge. Like you I’m satisfied with my FSX at the moment.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Maybe David scared everybody off with his aerobatic demonstrations??? Oh well, guess I'll go home!"

Hey Rick, I'm glad you enjoyed your flight!

But on further thinking your quote which I copied above may have some truth in it. Think about it.

First we have a world-wide pandeminc which is making us all pretty cautious. Then I showed up on a rainy day which was so intense some might think it was going to continue for another 40 days and 40 nights!

The last straw might have been when David showed up and did an aerobatics show. People on the ground might have bailed for fear the next day would bring an attack of Locusts!!! Or worse yet, Jan would crash in!! :D

Michael

Oh Hi Jan!! I just commented about you in another post. I guess without a water landing or crash scene I didn't recognize you were back. ;)

BTW: I still have your green King Air. If you'll send me your new credit card password, I'll buy the fuel and fly it home. :cool:

Michael

I forgot what this thread was about. Oh, Yeah Jan and his human flying in my C-195.

Click to enlarge . . . . . .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220839[/ATTACH]

The dog is a really nice touch.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I felt jealous of Larry when his C-195 had a doggy co-pilot! On a closer inspection of my C-195, I too have a doggy, but he just looks like he is enjoying the ride? Check it out................

2020-8-14_21-15-26-857.jpg

2020-8-14_21-14-43-218.jpg

You can't see it with the pics, but when the engine is running and the passenger door is open, he is wagging his tail, like he is enjoying it!

Please guys and gals, don't think I am losing it, just yet!:rolleyes:

I felt jealous of Larry when his C-195 had a doggy co-pilot! On a closer inspection of my C-195, I too have a doggy, but he just looks like he is enjoying the ride? Check it out................

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220842[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220843[/ATTACH]

You can't see it with the pics, but when the engine is running and the passenger door is open, he is wagging his tail, like he is enjoying it!

Please guys and gals, don't think I am losing it, just yet!:rolleyes:

Ok where did y’all find this plane with the pup? I really would like this one!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay David, here they are:

Mine is a complete FSX freeware download Cessna195.zip

Larry's d/l is a FS2004 freeware download is Cessna_195_comair.zip. This will merge fine with mine. The model for Larry's is listed as "S" but that can be changed to "wp" to match my download and it will merge just fine! Now, I did not use the panel that came with my download, as I found a nice

freeward download in the library for a C-185 and it works just fine. If you want the download file name for the panel, I could find it for you, or I could just email you the panel in zip form. Let me know if you need either.

David this c-195 looks intimidating, but it's actually a "Gentle Ben!" Very easy to make nice wheel landings without much effort! AND, you got a pup to help you along the way!

Thanks, Larry, I had a pup the whole time and didn't realize it until I saw your pic and then took a closer look at mine!

Have fun David!

David - Larry's aircraft is a texture only download, 2 aircraft, one is a brown accent the other is white and blue, both are nice. Just download my complete and then go in and add the texture only, making sure you change the model number from "S" to "wp" and you should be good to go!

Oh, I couldn't find just the C-185 panel, so I emailed you the zipped panel for you. It is a Bob Chicilo panel, and he really doesn't mind people using his work for your own projects, so long as you don't sell for profit, and don't use it to hurt anyone. I guess that means, be careful with the C-195, don't hurt it or the "PUP!"

Have fun, any issues PM or email me!

Rick

David - Larry's aircraft is a texture only download, 2 aircraft, one is a brown accent the other is white and blue, both are nice. Just download my complete and then go in and add the texture only, making sure you change the model number from "S" to "wp" and you should be good to go!

Oh, I couldn't find just the C-185 panel, so I emailed you the zipped panel for you. It is a Bob Chicilo panel, and he really doesn't mind people using his work for your own projects, so long as you don't sell for profit, and don't use it to hurt anyone. I guess that means, be careful with the C-195, don't hurt it or the "PUP!"

Have fun, any issues PM or email me!

Rick

Looks like it downloaded fine and the puppy is there! Looking forward to flying it.

I didn't get the emailed panel. But the one that came with works good for me.

Greatly appreciated Rick!!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]