Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Article: VFR Circuit Around Catania Sicily in Microsoft Flight Simulator

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 1996
    Location
    FlightSim.Com World HQ
    Posts
    3,579
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Article: VFR Circuit Around Catania Sicily in Microsoft Flight Simulator


  2. Default

    You cannot expect the AP or AI to turn yr plane once you flew past the point where the turn has to start and the expected track change after that is allmost a complete 150° turn.
    Last edited by piet06273; 08-12-2020 at 06:34 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Is this scenery the "as purchased" scenery or is it the streamed scenery

  4. #4

    Default

    I have been watching your uploads of MSFS and I believe the landscapes are just fictional as in the default FSX and P3D. The buildings in MSFS don’t actually look as seen in Photo Real scenery. They however are very nice eye candy. I have taken some pictures of the real landscape as you fly up the coast line from LICC to the same harbor bay.

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhIGLd9AvIj_gk2_...xmha7?e=XgWNTc

    I have a question. If you take off from Davis Monthan AFB (KDMA) will be see the “aircraft bone yard” there or just AI generated scenery?

  5. #5

    Default

    In all the video demos I have seen, I have never seen any explanations of how MSFS works with and without internet support. What does it take, what are the results, etc.

  6. #6

    Default nice...but

    The video's show very nice and very detailed scenery. But at the same time we see bugs or items that are silly, i.e. the way cars do jump into and out of the landscape, the way they drive into each other as if collisions are non existing, taking over at the wrong side etc.
    This might all be caused by the fact that this is not the official version yet, but a little more constructive critisism will be helpful!
    Last edited by tomda; 08-13-2020 at 06:05 AM.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by piet06273 View Post
    You cannot expect the AP or AI to turn yr plane once you flew past the point where the turn has to start and the expected track change after that is allmost a complete 150° turn.
    As a matter of fact, usually the AI will do anything you ask it to from experience. The test flight I did before this had no issues with the AI performing the same turn. The AI control is not fully optimised yet, and so issues like this do appear quite randomly.

    If the plane flies past a waypoint or point of turn, it will still attempt to backtrack under AI control, however a common bug is that the AI is unable to take control of the aircraft at all when instructed resulting in the aircraft plummeting to the ground.

    If the AP was in full control instead of the AI then it would be reasonable to suggest it could not perform the turn as requested, however the aircraft would more than likely still try to chase the waypoint. For example, from experience in the simulator the 737 will generally still try to chase the waypoint even if it needs to turn 180 on itself, or it will skip to the next waypoint in the FMC flight plan.
    Last edited by MrYorkiesWorld; 08-13-2020 at 08:20 AM.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnost View Post
    In all the video demos I have seen, I have never seen any explanations of how MSFS works with and without internet support. What does it take, what are the results, etc.
    If you didn’t have an internet connection, the simulator would simply use the default, less detailed maps and scenery that it has installed as stock.

    You also have the option of downloading certain areas using the Rolling Cache, which will allow you to save a static, offline version of the streamed scenery for use when you’re not connected.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomda View Post
    The video's show very nice and very detailed scenery. But at the same time we see bugs or items that are silly, i.e. the way cars do jump into and out of the landscape, the way they drive into each other as if collisions are non existing, taking over at the wrong side etc.
    This might all be caused by the fact that this is not the official version yet, but a little more constructive critisism will be helpful!
    This is indeed because the simulator is still in a preview state, and so thing arent fully optimised as of yet

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrYorkiesWorld View Post
    If you didn’t have an internet connection, the simulator would simply use the default, less detailed maps and scenery that it has installed as stock.

    You also have the option of downloading certain areas using the Rolling Cache, which will allow you to save a static, offline version of the streamed scenery for use when you’re not connected.

    Yes I understand that, my curiosity is rather what quality do you get with the recommended bandwidth of 20Mb/s or the full bandwidth of 50Mb/s? How do the sceneries compare between different bandwidth connections and/or no internet connections?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Flying around Palermo, Sicily
    By lifejogger in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-11-2016, 07:37 AM
  2. Catania licc scenery invisible collision
    By mgovernali in forum FS2004
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 11:49 AM
  3. Catania to Larmezia in a DC-3
    By lifejogger in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
  4. Alitalia DC3 leaving Catania Fontanarossa during BOTA race
    By cook in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 01:50 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •