MSFS2020 install partial available for download

as those who tried know the sim is already available for install (installer) and partially installs many files and directories.

The bad news is that it installs in the WindowsApp directory, a system dir which normally users dont have access, and many wont kmow how to do it or wont bother since it can mess the sim structure, in a totally different way of previous sims, meaning that its a closed game like Flight where freewares or personal customizing wont be allowed or be easy.

I had to take ownership of that windos system directory and the structure is not meant to be for folder manipulation

I installed in the C:/ where windows is,

thou plan to retry installing in a D:/ SSD hope its possible too

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I've been trying to tell people for months that there is no "PC version". Perhaps they now see what I meant - the sim files are contained within a Windows 10 App and not an open directory structure as before.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes, you are right

Too bad

We know this system is not good for serious simmers that find fun in customizing.

Im sure if MS dont come clean with a PC version someone will make an alternative "org"

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

What about the main 90gb+ of the flight sim, which you can install anywhere?

Of course it’s designed for PC

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

What about the main 90gb+ of the flight sim, which you can install anywhere?

Of course it’s designed for PC

Regards

Steve

Let's hope it's an open directory then!

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I've been trying to tell people for months that there is no "PC version". Perhaps they now see what I meant - the sim files are contained within a Windows 10 App and not an open directory structure as before.

That’s an odd distinction for defining a PC app. Yes, it’s packaged differently, but it is still coded to run on a PC. This is just the latest in a long line of APIs Microsoft has developed over the years.

meaning that its a closed game like Flight where freewares or personal customizing wont be allowed or be easy.

I think Asobo’s comments about supporting developers, including freeware ones (some were apparently included in the closed SDK alpha), as well as the fact the SDK will be included in all versions indicates freeware will be supported just fine. How add-ons work is certainly going to be different, but they will still be supported.

That’s an odd distinction for defining a PC app. Yes, it’s packaged differently, but it is still coded to run on a PC. This is just the latest in a long line of APIs Microsoft has developed over the years.

It's packaged differently because it's coded to run on ANY Windows 10 device, not only a PC.

Now I'm no computer guru but I have been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator since FS98. I just got a new computer for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. I only install operating system and Flight simulator on c drive so my c drive is exclusive for operating system and Flight simulator. All my music, pictures, videos, dowloads, and even fs downloads go to my d drive. Each drive is 1 tb.

My system

MSI GE75 Raider

Intel Core i7 10750H CPU 32 GB Ram

2T SSD HD Geforce RTX 2080 Super