Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Sidewinder and FS2020

Peeman,
    I have a sidewinder, although without force-feedback. I was able to get the throttle to run with the following setting: For control I chose Throttle 1 Axis. For input I chose Joystick Slider X.
    I hope this helps.
    Junpin Joe

I don't know if anyone on this thread ever read my posts concerning throttle control of Sidewinder Precision 2. I keep putting it out there, that perhaps the throttle 'problem' will be solved. My joy throttle slider is JAMMED with a plastic wedge at '0' throttle using calibration screen. Then I plub in a Targus 10 keypad and set it to left of keyboard. I map throttle keys, F1 thru F4, on it. No more 'issues' with throttle. Here it is again.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Im still waiting to get my new PC and Try it out but I also love my Ms forcefeedback2. Heres something worth looking at to get your stick going:https://fs-force.com/

Where is the option REVERSE AXIS? I do not see this when I calibrate my FF-2, which by the way isn't working at all. Just a mess ...
    Inge from Norway

Hi All,

i still own a Force Feedback Pro , with the game port instead of USB. I've managed to build a converter
    with a custom made PCB and a Teensy board. It works with axis and Force Feedback in FSX , but only the axis work in FS2020 , no force feedback.

https://ibb.co/C9fWLwb

The controller vibration is set to 100% , not sure what else there is to configure ?

Default FS2020 with Forcefeedback like fs2004?

Good Morning! I would like to know if flightsimulator 2020 has the vibration feature, forcefeedback for stalls as it does in flightsimulator 2004. I asked this question on the FS2020 forum, despite the person swearing that he would reply in 36 hours and has not answered me until today.

I was able to configure the Throttle axis with the Sidewinder. Just go to ALL under the controls filter. Then go to POWER MANAGEMENT/Throttle/Throttle 1 AXIS. Once there hit in one of the boxes. When the window opens click the "Start Scanning" box above the "Select an input" dropdown box. It will turn white. Now you can move your slider and it will select "joystick slider X". Save it and then you should be able to control the throttle as you wish.

This is a good way to set all your controls. Takes the guesswork out.

Hope this helps!

I have the extreme 3D Pro and it works well so far. I have only had the sim running a couple of days so still setting up. Throttle works in both directions! In the control set up you should make sure the check box is not ticked for reverse operations. Steering is as usual, x axis as in rudder. It seems that the trigger is allocated to look in a certain direction, (I use it for the brakes), so the brakes are an awkward combination on the keyboard. As I said though, I am still setting the stick up. Very sensitive in aileron, elevator, rudder but you can tone them down in the controls section.

I have also a Sidewinder that works perfectely on XPlane 11 and FSX but it it impossible to fly with FS 2020 because the commands are crazy and impossible to calibrate.
    Waiting for a solution from MS team.

i have MS Sidewinder working on FS2020 (whithout force Feedback) all the rest works fine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast