Is it based on number of posts? How is it calculated

Yes! With a calculator! :p

0-99 Junior Member

100-999 (I think) Member

1000-4,999 Senior Member

5000+ Top Water Pistol

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• Founder

It's something that's just built into the forum software, with the idea being to "reward" people for participation. I don't think I ever changed the default settings...

Some people do have more meaningful ID's based on being part of the FlightSim.Com team or for other valid reasons.

One thing which would be nice (and it's something Nels and I have discussed), is for all members to have an avatar.

Whilst it won't provide you with any additional kudos (sorry about that)...it does create a more cohesive community...which in turn benefits everyone.

The same goes for filling in your profile (as much as you are comfortable with).

Cheers

Dominic

Yes! With a calculator! :p

0-99 Junior Member

100-999 (I think) Member

1000-4,999 Senior Member

5000+ Top Water Pistol

OMG, noticed your 17,818 posts... That's not "Top Gun" That is "Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile" Rank.

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

• Founder
One of the mods private messaged me and said I can move up the scale of rank to Top Water Pistol if I make a 'website donation' but I cant find the bank account details.

Any help appreciated.

Anyone interesting in a First Class or Supporting membership can find all the details by clicking on "Membership" in the blue menu bar at the top of every page.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi FlightSim.com,

If i pay for a membership to FlightSim.com, will I be able to see the information without advertisements?

I enjoy seeing the advertisements for aircraft and other simulation items. I don't like seeing the ads on top for non-simulation products.

Thank you.

Stanley

Edited by Stanley777

Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

Hi FlightSim.com,

If i pay for a membership to FlightSim.com, will I be able to see the information without advertisements?

I enjoy seeing the advertisements for aircraft and other simulation items. I don't like seeing the ads on top for non-simulation products.

Thank you.

Stanley

No! The advertisements will still be there. You will get a much faster Library download speed.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

No! The advertisements will still be there. You will get a much faster Library download speed.

OK. Thank you Mr Zippy for the information.

Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

Hi Mr Zippy,

This is not directly related to the post that I sent yesterday and to which you kindly replied.

I have not used this site for some time, and I am now planning to resume my flight simulation activities. I used to have the settings so that I would receive an e-mail notification when I received a reply to a post. But I did not receive a reply to the post that I sent. Could you please tell me how to change the setting so that I do receive a reply. I could not find it in my profile.

Thank you.

Disregard this message. I think that I found my answer.

Stanley

Edited by Stanley777