new pc fsx troubles

amberdog1

I just got a new laptop to run the new MSFS, specs are Intel 10th gen i7 @ 2.6 gzh up to 5.1 gzh, 16gb ram, Nividea RTX 2080Q 8gb video card and a 1tb solid-state sn2 h/d. OLED 15.6 monitor. I have installed my FSX dlx boxed set, ran the program and when I hit fly now I get the little blue spinning circle. Nothing else happens. I've tried to change the display settings too. The same thing happens with FSX/SE as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Happy :pilot: Flyin

ad

I just got a new laptop to run the new MSFS, specs are Intel 10th gen i7 @ 2.6 gzh up to 5.1 gzh, 16gb ram, Nividea RTX 2080Q 8gb video card and a 1tb solid-state sn2 h/d. OLED 15.6 monitor. I have installed my FSX dlx boxed set, ran the program and when I hit fly now I get the little blue spinning circle. Nothing else happens. I've tried to change the display settings too. The same thing happens with FSX/SE as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Happy :pilot: Flyin

ad

Downloaded and installed the updates? Redistributables installed?

They are not automatic!

At this site there are tips concerning FSX, SE, Win 10, SimConnect, etc, that are cocise and should help answer any/all questions. Link: https://windowsreport.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-windows-10/ .

Highlight and copy then paste into Notepad and print out plus keep handy.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: There is a 'Download PDF' link which will PRINT OUT (not SAVE).... so have printer loaded with paper (10 pages+) as it will take off on it's own. It prints graphics and all so this beats copy/paste to notepad (ie: no graphics). The info was updated in 2019 so it's current.

Edited by napamule2
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Amberdog,

I am afraid you will have an issue with running MSFS 2020 on this laptop.

The CPU has a base rate of 2.6 GHz, the minimum requirement seems to be "over 3.0 GHz" (same as Prepar3D v. 5).

And before you use your electronic ink to blast me with the so-called "turbo boost rate", remember that this rate can only be sustained for a limited time, until the electrical and/or cooling limits of the CPU are reached. Then the CPU will throttle itself down to the base rate to protect itself. And, because this is a laptop, the cooling limits may be reached much sooner than you expect.

At best you will have varying performance, which would be frustrating as hell.

I am sorry and apologize if it seems like I am trying to rain on your parade, but you need to know what you are getting into.

Jorgen

Wouldn't you be able to go into the BIOS and set a over-clock to 3.0 Ghz?
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

For all who have responded, I thank you so much:cool:

I have tried all sorts of things to ge tthis resolved, I got the 1722 then the 1603 errors with the boxed set, FSX/SE wouldn't work as it gave me the same black screen as the box set did. I uninstalled them both, ran a reg cleaner deleated all files and nothing seemed to work however I just ran steam and it works so now Im going to try the box set as thats the 1 I like using.

Game Debate...

Game Debate.jpg

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro