I can't believe that some people are saying they are going to get the standard or deluxe versions...and not the premium deluxe?

If you can afford the PC needed to run MSFS2020 you can afford another $60 to get premium deluxe with ALL the hand crafted airports included.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it all comes down to which part of the world you mostly fly. In addition, I almost never fly the default aircraft, I go with high quality add-on aircraft. And if I frequent an airport, I get add-on scenery for that airport.

Better to save that $60 and get add-on aircraft and scenery that will be better than default.

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

Better to save that $60 and get add-on aircraft and scenery that will be better than default.

Good luck with that, this time around. I've made myself a resolution to NOT buy any scenery which removes or replaces default functions such as moving jetways for additional payware alternatives. I won't be buying any aircraft which has less functionality in any way than the default planes. Why pay more to get less?

I sincerely hope that Microsoft/Xbox Studios/Asobo Studios will have a strict quality control process in place to ensure that all payware addons are of the the highest quality and won't cause any conflicts, CTD's or the various graphics and performance issues which have plagued us all in the past.

"Better than default" had better mean "better in every way" from now on.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

OP sounds like flame bait to me.

AFAIK there is nothing (apart from EGLL in the premium deluxe) that justifies paying the extra price. A bunch of GA aircraft I would probably never fly and a bunch of hand crafted airports I would never use. It's not like you can walk round the airports in 1st person perspective, pop in the duty free or find the observation deck...

Besides people have different budgets. I will be running FS2020 on a PC I purchased 5 years ago but have made a number of updates so the "cost" is more than paid for. I could afford the PD version quite easily if I wanted to but there are others out there for whom putting a roof over the head or food in the bellies of their kids might just be a tad more important than a slightly more up market version of a game which lets you pretend you're a pilot. Other customers might be on furlough due to Covid-19, might even be wondering if they will have a job in a month or two's time...

Sheesh. :(

Vern.

I can't believe that some people are saying they are going to get the standard or deluxe versions...and not the premium deluxe?

If you can afford the PC needed to run MSFS2020 you can afford another $60 to get premium deluxe with ALL the hand crafted airports included.

Seriously?

Ok, I get it, you're into airports. Personally, as long as there's a runway I'm happy; everything else is just non-essential eye-candy.

And as for the aircraft, it's possible their aerodynamic modelling is significantly better than that of the FSX default planes I never fly, but without the wear and damage modelling of, for example, an A2A or PMDG aircraft, they're almost as worthless. For me.

Better to use the saved sixty bucks for quality add-ons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NUNYA

(None of your business)

Not to sound harsh, but why are you concerned with which versions others may buy??

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I'll be getting the Standard Edition and I'll tell you why. The Deluxe Edition offers nothing of interest to me other than KORD. The Deluxe aircraft are all practically the same as the ones in Standard. Now the Premium Deluxe is tempting as it carries the 787 and Citation. I like airliners and I like jets but the price is DOUBLE that of the Standard Edition. I'll just wait for Premium Deluxe to go on sale in the Steam Store or perhaps quality third-party addons will be available before then.

Paying $60 for 2020 is a steal. I'm very much looking forward to the Standard Edition!

The way I look at it, even though the deluxe version includes more handcrafted airports and extra aircraft what is the point in forking out extra money if you feel that you will rarely if ever want to fly into/out of those extra airports and use any of the extra aircraft.

Not a matter of being able to afford it or not.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

I think you are getting confused.

According to wikipaedia "Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Gold Edition combines the Deluxe Edition and the Acceleration expansion pack into one.".

Also I understood that the Acceleration expansion package consisted of SP2 (service/expansion pack) and some enhancements. And the Acceleration Pack is a multiplayer-based expansion for FSX which also included the F/A-18A Hornet, EH-101 helicopter and the P-51D Mustang. Multiplayer air racing was the highlight of the pack, as well as new missions and graphical improvements in selected areas such as Berlin, Istanbul, Cape Canaveral and the Edwards Air Force Base. No mention of better fps.

Edited by jparnold
add last sentence

John

I'm going with the premium deluxe to get the 787,Cirrus, KORD, and KSFO!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

I'm amazed when I look at all the videos of this new sim, it blows everything else away. The default stuff I have seen may not be as accurate as a handcrafted/add-on airport or area, but it is light years beyond the default/auto-gen of FS9/FSX/Prepar3D/X-Plane. Since I haven't been to most areas/airports of the world, odds are I am not likely to notice things that aren't exact. Sure, I may notice the occasional missing famous landmark like a bridge in Sydney. I visited there in the Navy so I will look for that sort of thing. I trust these things will be added/fixed down the road, officially or unofficially.

I'm still flying FS9, and occasionally FSX. I'm a casual flyer/user, but still use the heck out of add-ons to try to ramp up the realism with aircraft, and immersion with scenery. But with all the extras, neither come anywhere near what I am seeing with just simply the basic, $60 version of 2020. I can say with confidence that the $60 version is all I would ever need. I will buy planes, but as for scenery, I would be more inclined to look at the odd stuff like a Kai Tak add-on if it were to be made. Otherwise, whats included in the base model is amazing. In fact, if out of the gate they had only offered the basic version for say $100, I wouldn't be able to open my wallet fast enough.

60 dollars is way to expensive, its the price of a good PMDG addon once they come up with the new version. Many people dont give much importance to big airports, if third parties are allowed maybe some freewares will show up.

I bought the standard and everything else i will take freeware or buy specifically a much wanted plane.

We already have the whole world to explore with the Bing imagery so its not justified to spend another 60 dollars (that is double the price of the sim) for additional airports

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

We already have the whole world to explore with the Bing imagery so its not justified to spend another 60 dollars (that is double the price of the sim) for additional airports

Seeing how good the default scenery and airports are (some just as good or even better than current pay ware ones) as a primary GA guy, you will have thousands of airports to explore for years to come in the standard addition. On the other hand, if you primarily fly the big stuff with or without ATC, I can realize why you want as much detail as possible flying in and out of the larger cities and going for the higher priced editions.

On the other hand, if you primarily fly the big stuff with or without ATC, I can realize why you want as much detail as possible flying in and out of the larger cities and going for the higher priced editions.

Even so at takeoff and landing you are going to be focused on procedures and not auguring in, not whether the terminal building has the correct number of windows. At 35,000 feet the ground detail will be a smudge anyway!

Vern.

Even so at takeoff and landing you are going to be focused on procedures and not auguring in, not whether the terminal building has the correct number of windows. At 35,000 feet the ground detail will be a smudge anyway!

Well said.

If we use any flight simulator to simulate what a pilot does then there's not much time to take in the view close to the ground and at cruising altitude you don't see much on the ground.

The extra aircraft would be good for those who want to use them.

Pylon racers will appreciate the scenery.

Edited by jparnold
typo

John

Well said.

If we use any flight simulator to simulate what a pilot does then there's not much time to take in the view close to the ground and at cruising altitude you don't see much on the ground.

The extra aircraft would be good for those who want to use them.

Pylon racers will appreciate the scenery.

Quite true guys. Other posts criticizing inaccurate cloud shadowing, ambient occlusion, double shadows etc would rarely be picked up in true flight. If you are hand flying at lower altitudes for a VFR flight, you are panning straight ahead and watching your gauges. You are certainly not starring at the scenery below.

If you are hand flying at lower altitudes for a VFR flight, you are panning straight ahead and watching your gauges. You are certainly not starring at the scenery below.

I fly GA VFR almost 100% and I look out the windows most of the time to check landmarks, traffic, and mostly just to look around. If the scenery on this one is as accurate as we've been shown, I'll be doing that even more. Once you get trimmed out, there's very little "flying" to be done other than minor course and altitude corrections. And this has the added benefit of being able to do some actual bush flying with animals and such moving around.... I'll be glued to the windows!

Besides, my instructors always said "Get your damn head out of the instruments and look outside to see what's around that might hit you!" .. They stopped saying that when I went through Instrument training though.

Once you get trimmed out, there's very little "flying" to be done other than minor course and altitude corrections.

Don't forget "A TOMATO FLAMES" regularly even for VFR

John

It is BUT WHOOPS I got it wrong and that (A TOMATO FLAMES) is more for IFR pilots.

For VFR the pilot should be regularly scanning the skies for traffic, the countryside for ground landmarks and of course GUMPS BUT IMHO at normal cruising altitude highly detailed landmarks are not necessary so long as they are there and unmistakable not like Sydney Harbour Bridge - sorry to harp on that.

It seems you are either up late or live west of California.

Hey less than 6 days to go - woohoo.

John

Default vs Hand Crafted Airports in MSFS Video below. Not sher if the extra cabbage is worth the 5 or 10 more handcrafted and the extra Aircraft's do not excite me either. The defaults look amazing and unless I am missing something all airports get the same ground services that you can customize. Im months away from a purchase by plan as I will wait to see what is actually in this beauty ! RELEASE THE HOUNDS !

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

But jp, what does it mean? I got my IFR rating but never heard that down here on the Gulf Coast.

Always up late. I wake up at 5am and drive a delivery route out in the boonies all day. By the time I get home, I'm wound like a clock spring! Well, if they still had springs.