Email confirmation from Microsoft

Just got an email with an Invoice for my pre order of the Premium Deluxe version.

I noticed it says available on the 17th of August, does that mean the pre ordered version is available a day early, or just that it can be downloaded at midnight on the 17th ready to run on the 18th?

My order confirmation said available on 17th, as does my payment confirmation email.

I believe they are staggering the release so to not overwhelm the servers. I think you should be able to download (& install) it on the 17th

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Interesting, the MS Store where you order says the 17th at 9:00 am

My order confirmation says the 17th.

My letter says the 18th.

No matter, I'll be flying high soon!!!

I would wait until the load is lower.

Using a set date is precisely how NOT to do it... A Week after would be optimal.

Anything less than the 28th would seem rash!

I don’t think it’s just down to time zones, but they are purposely releasing it in different stages depending on where you live.

Assuming it’ll be released in the USA on the 18th.... here in the UK we are 7 or 8 hours ahead (not the other way round) but my confirmation says available on the 17th

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

As I posted originally, my Invoice says available on the 17th. I just checked the Microsoft store Page and it now shows me available on the 18th at 00:00 so I'm assuming that might be midnight of the 17th?

Interestingly it shows as Installed already which it clearly isn't as it would have taken up about 100GB of my hard drive space.

It does have a number of files and folders related to flight sim but all of them are Zero Bytes.

Just hoping that's some sort of automated preload thing and that I don't get issues with it thinking it's already installed when it isn't.

MSFS location.png

MSFS store page.png