Looking for advice

Hey all, in the past I have played fs 2004 and fsx. Looking forward to 2020 coming out. I currently have an old built pc that I no longer use and I know isn’t capable of running 2020 as it barely runs fsx. I’m in the market of buying a gaming laptop with the sole purpose of playing the new flight sim. I have looked at the minimum and recommend specs but I am not knowledgeable with the specs and there meanings. I’m looking to be able to play the game and it be enjoyable but I’m not looking to spend $3000 on a gaming laptop. It’d be greatly appreciate if you guys share ur thoughts and maybe even share some links on what your suggestions are.

Hey all, in the past I have played fs 2004 and fsx. Looking forward to 2020 coming out. I currently have an old built pc that I no longer use and I know isn’t capable of running 2020 as it barely runs fsx. I’m in the market of buying a gaming laptop with the sole purpose of playing the new flight sim. I have looked at the minimum and recommend specs but I am not knowledgeable with the specs and there meanings. I’m looking to be able to play the game and it be enjoyable but I’m not looking to spend $3000 on a gaming laptop. It’d be greatly appreciate if you guys share ur thoughts and maybe even share some links on what your suggestions are.

Ya start by not getting a laptop...get a desktop. Checkout jetline systems as they specialize in flight sim PCs

https://jetlinesystems.com/

If you want a custom build then check out ibuypower or

Cyberpowerpc

You need to concentrate on the speed of the main processor (CPU) and the graphics card memory. I’m not familiar with gaming laptops, but the graphics card is going to be the main limiting factor in a laptop (I think). Others are sure to chime in.

I can't answer your question directly but why do you want t a laptop if you are going to be using it Solely for MSFS 2020? Whatever you spend on a decent laptop to get good gaming performance you'll get better performance from an equivalently priced desktop PC, plus you can fairly easily upgrade a PC over a few years but that's not usually possible with a laptop.

I would suggest a different alternative.

https://www.avadirect.com/

These guys have done my last three builds. They offer so many custom options and their pricing is competitive with the two you mention, but with much more professional build quality. You can get better power supplies, cases, and SSDs than you will likely find in Ibuypower or Cyberpowerpc.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU