Vought Crusader - Let's Try Max Altitude

Took it out over Florida for a spin. I'm not sure the engine is supposed to quit while inverted but I had to do a restart in the air. :confused: Pushed it up towards 44,000 and it wouldn't go any further.

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

Had to restart after this

fsscr002.jpg

Burner on

fsscr003.jpg

Burner off

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

That was as far as she would go with afterburner

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

How about a little spin action

fsscr009.jpg

fsscr010.jpg

Not bad on landing

fsscr011.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sweet!! I always thought the F-8 was the most attractive carrier based plane I've ever been around. I love the swing wing!!

They and the A-4s were much better at laying down air cover for a chopper than the F-4. Both seemed much more responsive at low speed.

As to max altitude, the book says 58,000' service ceiling. Based on the flame out and the lower elevation, perhaps yours has bad or at least dirty, fuel-injectors?

Again Where did you find that sweet-heart!?? I'd love to put both in my hanger as well!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Sweet!! I always thought the F-8 was the most attractive carrier based plane I've ever been around. I love the swing wing!!

They and the A-4s were much better at laying down air cover for a chopper than the F-4. Both seemed much more responsive at low speed.

As to max altitude, the book says 58,000' service ceiling. Based on the flame out and the lower elevation, perhaps yours has bad or at least dirty, fuel-injectors?

Again Where did you find that sweet-heart!?? I'd love to put both in my hanger as well!

Michael

Another one here in the library, I think.

Chance Vought F-8E(FN) & F-8J Crusader

Version 1.0 RFN

Crusader_F-8E_RFN---FSXv1.0.zip and an associated kneeboard update

Someone else posted this a while back in the forum and said where they found it. It could have come from another sight.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice show of the Crusader David. :cool: :cool: haven't see it around here for a while. I think JK did some paints for it earlier this year.

Thanks Larry. I think that is where I got the lead.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Loved to watch them do bombing runs when I was in the Navy, well done David.

Thanks Adam!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]