Rick's P-51 Around Daytona - Risky Business

Downloaded Rick's find. Sweet flying bird! Just needs an auto pilot and NAV/GPS coupling. Only has a VR cockpit. The "i" key is supposed to fire the guns. Only turns on the smoke for me. Anywho, darn fun to fly.

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

Down side of a loop

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

Definitely a couple bounces on landing. I need to work on that!

fsscr009.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - That aircraft wasn't in the download that I got. I need to check on this, be back in a bit! :rolleyes:

I don't know which download you go a hold of, but I do like the looks of your P-51! Looks like it is setup to be a racer?? Good going David! When you get a chance, check out the ones that I recommended! They're not racers, but very nice shiny P-51's that wouldn't make it in a race environment! :cool:

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Downloaded Rick's find. Sweet flying bird! Just needs an auto pilot and NAV/GPS coupling. Only has a VR cockpit. The "i" key is supposed to fire the guns. Only turns on the smoke for me. Anywho, darn fun to fly.

Definitely a couple bounces on landing. I need to work on that!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220708[/ATTACH]

What a sharp looking bird!! Where did you download it!!!??? ;)

And yes, tail draggers require a totally different technique on the ground.

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

This is the file name you sent me from the library and the one I downloaded :confused:

fsx_p_51d_ver_1_1.zip

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a sharp looking bird!! Where did you download it!!!??? ;)

And yes, tail draggers require a totally different technique on the ground.

Michael

From the file library on this site:

fsx_p_51d_ver_1_1.zip

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, this has never happened to me before! I did download the P-51's from Flyaways with the same file name, BUT, before I recommended this to one of our site's members, I would see if it was offered on this site, which it was! I just went in on this site's download listing, downloaded it again to see what I would get, and I got the same thing I previously downloaded from Flyaways! Anyway, the mystery is yet to be solved, but you have a nice P-51 there! Enjoy it, as all the P-51's are a thrill to fly even on flight sim!

Wow, this has never happened to me before! I did download the P-51's from Flyaways with the same file name, BUT, before I recommended this to one of our site's members, I would see if it was offered on this site, which it was! I just went in on this site's download listing, downloaded it again to see what I would get, and I got the same thing I previously downloaded from Flyaways! Anyway, the mystery is yet to be solved, but you have a nice P-51 there! Enjoy it, as all the P-51's are a thrill to fly even on flight sim!

This file had different paints also

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's surely strange David!

Here's how my download ended up!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220720[/ATTACH]

As you can see, no "Risky Business" texture!:rolleyes:

And here is mine:

p51 file.jpg

Mine is actually a self installing .exe

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice looking Mustang David. :)

Thanks Adam. A very responsive aircraft

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]