Anyone that is looking for a nice assortment of North American P-51's, check this out

Thanks for the lead Rick! I'm posting my flight with one of them in a minute

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hiya Rick,

Did you try the guns on it yet? "i" key I believe

Also try flying it at night and see if you got exhaust flames when you turn on the lights. There is a download for Roger Dial's P-51 that adds the exhaust flames by Jan Rosenberg. I adapted it to the default FSX Acceleration P-51 here...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?299113-FSX-P-51-Flammenwerfer-with-lights

Takes a little effort to add but worth it!

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I'll try both Jack! Not really into having the guns work, but the flames might be worth it. I think I saw them in the aircraft.cfg, but I will check!

Thanks and hoping you are doing well! Trying times right now for all of us!

Rick :cool:

Hiya Rick,

Did you try the guns on it yet? "i" key I believe

Also try flying it at night and see if you got exhaust flames when you turn on the lights. There is a download for Roger Dial's P-51 that adds the exhaust flames by Jan Rosenberg. I adapted it to the default FSX Acceleration P-51 here...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?299113-FSX-P-51-Flammenwerfer-with-lights

Takes a little effort to add but worth it!

I tried the I key on mine and just got smoke

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try the small letter "i" not capital I. There's an effect file that has to be copied over to the FSX effects folder!

Jack - I got the guns to work, but, not the engine flames!

It is a self install .exe file. No effects in the file but I will double check

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try the small letter "i" not capital I. There's an effect file that has to be copied over to the FSX effects folder!

Jack - I got the guns to work, but, not the engine flames!

You will only get exhaust flames by adapting the rdp51_fx.zip download to it. As mentioned, takes a little work since it was meant for a different FS9 P-51 anyways. Probably a advanced procedure you probably don't want to tackle :)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

You will only get exhaust flames by adapting the rdp51_fx.zip download to it. As mentioned, takes a little work since it was meant for a different FS9 P-51 anyways. Probably a advanced procedure you probably don't want to tackle :)

And, Jack, you are very correct on me not wanting to tackle it! My previous collection of P-51's were Warwick Carter downloads and they had the exhaust popping. I would notice it while looking out to see whatever I could while landing and the pop pop backfire exhaust were showing up then! I got the guns, now where do I go to shoot them? I think for now, I will settle for what I have!

Thanks Jack and have a nice day!

Yep, nothing like a P-51 that looks like a Top Fuel Dragster :D