Partnership Series : Blackshark.ai

from Austria

Meteoblue from Switzerland

Asobo from France

What strikes me from MSFS2020 is that its an international consortium by the best companies in their tech field. Not to mention orbx from australia or addon developpers from either UK russia etc.

Be it computer graphics, climate or ai, ever since the 80s press and midia keeps saying that Europe is in decline with people in rich countries living out of incomes or retired. skiing in the alps..

And yet there are no american or chinese companies much notable in this venture. Interesting.

Europe is not to be underestimated

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

from Austria

Meteoblue from Switzerland

Asobo from France

What strikes me from MSFS2020 is that its an international consortium by the best companies in their tech field. Not to mention orbx from australia or addon developpers from either UK russia etc.

Be it computer graphics, climate or ai, ever since the 80s press and midia keeps saying that Europe is in decline with people in rich countries living out of incomes or retired. skiing in the alps..

And yet there are no american or chinese companies much notable in this venture. Interesting.

Europe is not to be underestimated

So very, very true. Microsoft really did their homework searching out the best partners possible to blend this technology together. If only everyone realized the years of effort behind the scenes to make this version possible with such a leap in realism, I think there would be even fewer people drawing attention to minor issues that some seem compelled to not let go. This is a landmark point in flight simulation history/evolution that has introduced a touch of awe in everyone ... and to think this is Version 1.0!

Edited by doering1

Tried to watch it but could only understand the woman. The first 2 guys had such deep accents I have no idea what was said. Plus I'm not interested in Europe.

Are you interested in how they are taking flat 2d map data from Bing and converting into a 3d world for you to fly around? That is what this video was about. They actually showed Seattle too.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

The import of the video is not about just Europe. They state that the image base is updateable in a 72 hour cycle for the ENTIRE PLANET! This means the data feed will be constantly updated to add new scenery or buildings. In a developing area, that means your flight in August will be different than the flight you make in October, new houses added and buildings constructed.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Tried to watch it but could only understand the woman. The first 2 guys had such deep accents I have no idea what was said. Plus I'm not interested in Europe.

Turn on the YouTube captions if you’re having trouble with the accents.