And then there was the Vought Corsair!

Sweet!! One of many I always dreamed of flying but never did!! Was I born too late!!?? Or is that the title of a early 60's song involving a teenage girl.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Had to bring her out again huh Rick? Love it!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - Bring her out you say? Look closely, this is one of the ones I deleted from the original download (thinning out the herd)! I found this texture only download and now I have 3 Corsairs!

What's very strange about this and maybe it's because I haven't flown them in awhile. This should fly identical to the other 2! But, this one, I lined up on the runway, poured the coal to it and it jumped up and off into the air it went, hardly any takeoff roll what so ever! I'm going to fly one of the other 2 tomorrow to see if this is all in my imagination or what! I know these are little fire crackers, but, this one surprised me the way it was ready to "boot, scoot and boogie!" We shall see! Go figure, we are usually complaining about long takeoff rolls and now this one is just the opposite! I will say, she is a sweet heart, like the other 2! 200+ KIAS with low MP settings flying a Charleston airport pattern! I will report back tomorrow! If you'd like to have the texture only download link, let me know and I'll send it to you!

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

David - This is the 'texture only' download for the 211 Corsair. One thing that I noticed when getting ready to fly it, the aircraft didn't show properly? When I looked at the texture folder, it was missing the Texture.cfg file. You can go into one of the other 2 textures and copy/paste the texture.cfg from that folder and all will be good with the 211!

I flew the aircraft this morning and it seems fine! I guess I had gotten away from these "hot rods" too long, flying those larger Boeings!

Have a nice day!

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Warbirds

FS2004/FSX US Navy F4U-4 Corsair

[ Download | View ]

Name: fs2004_f4ucorsairnavy211.zip

Size: 1,780,535 Date: 06-18-2013 Downloads: 657

FS2004/FSX US Navy F4U-4 Corsair. This is a repaint (textures only) as F4U4 US Navy (VF-791) of FS2004 "French Army Chance Vought F4U-7 Corsair". Requires original model of the Alpha Bleu Ciel French Chance Vought F4U-7 Corsair (CORSF4U7.ZIP) and patch (COF4UFIX.ZIP). By Enrique Medal.

Edited by Downwind66

Thanks Larry! Could be what happened on this one, because I didn't shut it down until I went to bed, then first thing this morning, I cranked it up and all seemed fine! Maybe it was the virus? Anyway, it's good now!

Have a nice evening!

Nice Corsair Rick :cool: I've had that instant takeoff several times before with various aircraft, so I shut the sim down, restarted and all was well. Not sure what causes it though.

RW I experienced that sensation many many times. But then again, the military ID of what I was flying always started out CH. :p

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.