Buy it From Microsoft not Steam

Well, I've decided I have to have it and....... it appears to run ok on fairly medium spec machines. So, I'm just gonna get it and see how it runs on here first before I go off spending loads of money.

And I am buying from Microsoft. If you buy from Steam, Microsoft only get 70% of the money. You want Microsoft to continue developing it don't you ? Then give Microsoft ALL the money to allow them to do this. Not 70%.

Yeah,

I feel sorry for Microsoft.

Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year for our company. We delivered more than $125 billion in revenue, $43 billion in operating income, and more than $50 billion in operating cash flow
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Ordered from Steam, who are the de-facto "jacket" for most of my non disc games. Why have yet another DRM jacket on the PC? Also Steam updates are normally seamless. With the price even of the standard version, MS are still raking in £42 off a £60 sale (minus VAT) which is well above the RRP of most other PC games. And MS wouldn't have put it on Steam if they weren't happy with the business model involved...

And while I'm grateful to MS for bringing us the next generation of FS, gamers don't owe them anything - just look at the mess that was MS Flight and how they abandoned both attempts at a MSTS2, not to mention their abject failure at updating and patching the original MSTS (though most of that was some shoddy work by the outsourced developer, but the box still had MS' name on it).

Vern.

Ordered from Steam, who are the de-facto "jacket" for most of my non disc games. Why have yet another DRM jacket on the PC? Also Steam updates are normally seamless. With the price even of the standard version, MS are still raking in £42 off a £60 sale (minus VAT) which is well above the RRP of most other PC games. And MS wouldn't have put it on Steam if they weren't happy with the business model involved...

And while I'm grateful to MS for bringing us the next generation of FS, gamers don't owe them anything - just look at the mess that was MS Flight and how they abandoned both attempts at a MSTS2, not to mention their abject failure at updating and patching the original MSTS (though most of that was some shoddy work by the outsourced developer, but the box still had MS' name on it).

Good point. With steam all the updates are handled...if I buy from MS am I going to have to keep track of, and manually install all updates? Like with fsx service pack 1 and service pack 2 etc? Those 2 updates were crucial to my fps.

Don't forget there will be a built in Market place that will continue to funnel money to Microsoft, even if purchased from Steam. If there's a substantial discount, I'll use it, otherwise would rather buy directly from developers.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Good point. With steam all the updates are handled...if I buy from MS am I going to have to keep track of, and manually install all updates? Like with fsx service pack 1 and service pack 2 etc? Those 2 updates were crucial to my fps.

Good question here. I have been debating back and forth between buying it directly from MS or through Steam. I was leaning toward MS as it's "straight from the source" but I, too, wonder if updates will be downloaded/applied automatically for the MS version or if I will have to keep track of that myself?

Good question here. I have been debating back and forth between buying it directly from MS or through Steam. I was leaning toward MS as it's "straight from the source" but I, too, wonder if updates will be downloaded/applied automatically for the MS version or if I will have to keep track of that myself?

Updates will be automatically handled through the Microsoft Store app, much like the other apps included with Windows 10.

I am curious how long it will take for the Steam version to get the updates? Seem like the XPL11 version of Steam always takes longer. Honestly, I am leaning towards the Steam version being as it has always worked great for me in the past.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64