Ultimate Traffic Live: missing textures

Sampa

ok, so, I got Ultimate Traffic live and installed it. But, been noticing a lot that the CRJs are all missing their textures for whatever reason. I have since turned off DirectX 10 preview in order to fix another problem, but, it has not solved this problem. Has anyone else encountered this? and how did you fix this?

1+1=cow :p

"WE jumped out a WINdow!" -Baymax (from Big Hero 6)

Hey Sampa,

I could probably figure out what is the problem your having if I were to examine your CRJ folder. I suspect there is no problem, as I don't recall an issue when I installed my UTL.

One more add-on I think will eliminate this issue though is Steve's DX10 Fixer...

https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/how-to-purchase/

Airports sceneries that use the FS9 SDK will no longer appear as grey and untextured at night. Similarly legacy aircraft built with older SDKs will no longer appear grey.

Actually installed DX10 fixer BEFORE I purchased and installed UTL so CRJ's worked fine from the get go.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hey Sampa,

I could probably figure out what is the problem your having if I were to examine your CRJ folder. I suspect there is no problem, as I don't recall an issue when I installed my UTL.

One more add-on I think will eliminate this issue though is Steve's DX10 Fixer...

https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/how-to-purchase/

Actually installed DX10 fixer BEFORE I purchased and installed UTL so CRJ's worked fine from the get go.

May I ask where they would install the actual aircraft folders?, that way I might take some screenshots to help in solving the issues

I have the same problem. Not much help from their support forum.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

May I ask where they would install the actual aircraft folders?, that way I might take some screenshots to help in solving the issues

I have UTL v1.1.0.0

Installed to C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live

Aircraft Folders...

\utLive Aircraft

\CR2

\CR7

\CR9

I compared my aircraft.cfg texture= to the names of the texture folders and they all matched up

One of the guys in the above listed forum said this though...

I've done some investigating, and here's what I've found. First of all, let me preface this in that I didn't check every aircaft folder, or .cfg. I focused entirely on the CRJ folders (CR9, CR7, and CR2). This list may not be comprehensive, and I also admit I may not have gotten everything, or may have made mistakes. Further, ensure you have administrative rights to the folder, and/or backup the files before making these edits. Lastly, as of this post, I have NOT tested these myself. I will also not make the .cfg files accessible for download unless the staff approves it.

Under the CR9 folder in the aircraft.cfg:

texture=DAL.FLG.Official CHANGE TO texture=DL2.FLG.Official

texture=DAL.ASQ.Official CHANGE TO texture=DL2.ASQ.Official

texture=AAL.ASH CHANGE TO texture=AA2.ASH

texture=AAL.COM CHANGE TO texture=AA2.COM

Under the CR7 folder in the aircraft.cfg:

texture=AL2.EGF CHANGE TO texture=AA2.EGF

Under the CR2 folder in the aircraft.cfg:

texture=UL2.SKW CHANGE TO texture=UA2.SKW

So check it out. If not maybe Steve's DX10 Fixer will fix it if your folders match up.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

BTW,

If you do need to edit something in the protected Windows folders, right click notepad and 'Run as administrator'. Then navigate to the above aircraft.cfgs, you will be able to save the changes made.

Sampa,

I am going to make two assumptions here:

1. You are running Windows 10, and

2. FSX is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ etc etc

If both of these assumptions are correct, then you are most likely caught in the clutches of UAC - User Account Control.

To get out of that, you can do two things:

1. Uninstall FSX and re-install to for example C:\FSX, or

2. Get a nifty freeware utility called TweakUAC that lets you turn UAC off and on as you wish.

Jorgen

Sampa,

I am going to make two assumptions here:

1. You are running Windows 10, and

2. FSX is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ etc etc

If both of these assumptions are correct, then you are most likely caught in the clutches of UAC - User Account Control.

To get out of that, you can do two things:

1. Uninstall FSX and re-install to for example C:\FSX, or

2. Get a nifty freeware utility called TweakUAC that lets you turn UAC off and on as you wish.

Jorgen

I actually have FSX Steam installed into my D drive, but I am running Windows 10

well, no luck in solving the issue, no matter what I tried. so, going to get MyTraffic Professional instead.

and f my life, this is a bust too. it requires a component I have zero way of getting. the required SDK is not provided with FSX Steam, and the only boxed edition of FSX I have is the standard... crap!

• 1 month later...