SFS Paine Field/Everett Boeing Factory

jetset2

Sounds like one or more of your default XXnnnnnn.bgl files are either missing, have been replaced/overwritten during your Paine Field installation process or are corrupted.

I would want to suggest that you position any aircraft somewhere on your Paine airport, then save that flight with a name that you can find again later on and de-activate the complete Paine airport scenery via your scenery library drop down menu procedure. Terminate FS9, restart, open your previously saved flight and have a look around but only to see if your white/gray square blocks are still there.

If so, then you can be sure that one or more of the above mentioned default files are actually missing and that the problem is not related to the Paine scenery itself.

If however those blocks now look "normal" then your Paine scenery is clearly to blame and in this case you will need to contact the author.

With the above I've assumed that your Paine scenery was installed in your drop down scenery library listing above any of your default files normally listed near the bottom.

Good luck and regards

Hans

It does look like trees are the problem. I have now noticed that I have the same problem with the recent Renton scenery. Am I missing something.? I have tried the above test and the problem is still there. What next? I know, MS2020, Ah hang on ! you are going to need a space age computer to run it. Just like Fs 2004 and FSX back in the day. My mate in the computer shop seems to think the very latest Intel I7 will struggle. We will see. Now back to trees1

Could you please supply the downloaded file name of your Paine field and from where you have downloaded it. In that case I could have a go at it myself and let you know which (tree) textures are (somehow) missing.

Regards

Hans

I downloaded from this site (FlightSim.com)

File name- FS2004 Scenery--SFS Paine Field/Everett Boeing Factory v1.1

Hi Jetset2, I downloaded the same scenery yesterday, installed it and all is working fine here. I didn't notice any problem with the scenery or suroundings.

http://www.worldwidevirtual.net/common/images/signatures/WW2634.png

I downloaded and (test) installed the rather good looking KPAE airport but do not see any of the untextured tree objects, as you seem to see in your setup.

I would want to suggest that, for initial testing purposes, you uninstall your Paine Airport completely and that you then re-install it, only this time do not cut/paste any of the supplied textures to your main FS9 texture folder, as is instructed in the accompanying readme file.

I did it this way and all was well, most probably because the necessary tree library file (add_SeevKahn_Trees.bgl) and it's called for tree textures, a.i. those beginning with "sk_tree_", are now kept within the same KPAE scenery setup.

Good luck and let's hear how it went.

Hans

Hi,

It's likely that the OP may have another copy of the tree library file (add_SeevKahn_Trees.bgl) somewhere in his scenery folders and that copy does not include the textures. FS will load library BGL files in unpredictable priorities, so that one may be loading instead. Do a search in your scenery folders for that file name.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Thank you all for the help. The scenery is now working as advertised. I'm still not quite sure as to what I've done but it's worked. It also fixed a similar problem with my Renton(KRNT) scenery. Quite how I'm not sure, but all is well. Thanks again.

Rgds

Steve H