About to install upgrades.

Hi everyone,just picked up a Gigabyte aorus z390 pro,9700k ,and a 1TB m.2 drive. Once complete my first itch will be to test FSX as that's what I'm using now. Was wondering if it would be better to just install my fresh windows and wait with a clean system for the new sim? First post and I am learning so much. Thank you all.

9700k has inbedded Intel® UHD Graphics 630. What dedicated GPU is that comparable to?
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Without hacking the registry, you can't run FSX on Windows 10. I have the same setup, Asus Z390, 9700K, and 1TB M.2 and a 500mb crucial SSD. FSX runs effortlessly on the 15 minutes I am allowed to use, at all settings completely maxed. I am running an RTX 2070. I also get 60 fps in X-plane at very high settings outside dense scenery, but the fan does speed up a little on that.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Without hacking the registry, you can't run FSX on Windows 10.

It runs on my Windows 10 pc. I actually thought I was running it in compatibility mode but I’ve just checked and apparently I’m not. I do have the box “run as administrator” ticked though.

It’s not often I use it now, but I did at the weekend so I could compare it with MSFS.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I had that checked as well. How long have you had it running on that machine, Steve? I upgraded my computer last fall, and it has never been able to activate. Do you have acceleration loaded? Somewhere I read that it was acceleration that had caused the activation failure?? I plan to get the new program, but there are so many planes that won't be available right away. I sure miss FSX. It ran fine on my Windows 8.1 machine. I have X-plane, but there is a lot missing and the program has wierd glitches like the autopilot failure if you change planes without closing the program.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I’ve had FSX installed for quite some time but I can’t remember exactly how long. One thing I do know though..is that I don’t have the acceleration pack, so you maybe right.

I personally don’t use it much now anyway. There’s always P3D which isn’t all that different (I have v4) but the new sim will be so much better, even without the large aircraft collection

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Without hacking the registry, you can't run FSX on Windows 10. ...

The only registry hack required to run FSX on Win 10 is if you add the Acceleration pack and it fails to activate. Ensure that you CORRECTLY install the main program first - i.e. install, activate, fly for a few mins and then shutdown the sim then reboot the PC using the RESTART option - this is an important step as it will allow the necessary registry keys to be updated. Install Accel, start FSX and test. If Accel fails to activate follow the info in this THREAD to make the required changes in the registry.

See also my post in this LINK regarding possible missing essential libraries. You will see mention of the DX redistl pack - this is also worth installing and can be found HERE

Regards

Brian

Thank You, that did the trick. I deleted the folder then used the FSX only discs to repair it. I can now fly as long as i want. I really won't miss acceleration much.

Thank You, that did the trick. I deleted the folder then used the FSX only discs to repair it. I can now fly as long as i want. I really won't miss acceleration much.

I had the same problem. FSX Deluxe ran great until i installed the accel. expansion pack.

when i navigated in the regedit as instructed. I found the PartMgr there but the "P" and the "M" were not capitolized. I read where this was case sensitive, so i replaced the lower case p & m and my acceleration expansion pack works great too!