David S. got me interested in the Boeing 737-200!

You definitely have to take her on a trip. Love the older technology. It's nice to have my Nav radios working. Now I just have to figure out why my particular aircraft having trouble holding the glideslope! Always something :confused:

That Jaguar paint is fantastic!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, you got that right David, always something!

Don't let the Nav issues getting corrected stop you, any problems that arise, get involved in that Tinmouse forum. You will not only get some/most of your questions answered and learn something at the same time! By the dates of their posts, it looks like these guys have been doing this for quite some time! I had to laugh when I saw your Nav panel, reminded me of something that I gave up on a long time ago!

This was a Sperry NAV/COM radio from my first DC-3 aircraft encounter. You know me, it just had to go. Sad part, I no longer owned my boat, it would have made a great boat anchor! Funny, I guess there are a few simmers out there that continue to use them!

2018-3-18_18-53-40-546.jpg

Enjoy your new panel, David, get all the bugs worked out and then participate in that forum group and help others!

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

I really like that Jaguar paint on your 737-200 Rick. It looks like it's ready to leap into the air. :cool: :cool:

I agree, great shot! And that's far too big a bird to just hand around the pattern in!! Guys in 150s would freak out!!

And yes almost any "Leaper" shot is a keeper. I sometimes wish I still had my old '66 Mark X. But I'm too old to keep it running and couldn't afford to pay to have it repaired!! :eek::eek:

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Yes, you got that right David, always something!

Don't let the Nav issues getting corrected stop you, any problems that arise, get involved in that Tinmouse forum. You will not only get some/most of your questions answered and learn something at the same time! By the dates of their posts, it looks like these guys have been doing this for quite some time! I had to laugh when I saw your Nav panel, reminded me of something that I gave up on a long time ago!

This was a Sperry NAV/COM radio from my first DC-3 aircraft encounter. You know me, it just had to go. Sad part, I no longer owned my boat, it would have made a great boat anchor! Funny, I guess there are a few simmers out there that continue to use them!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220537[/ATTACH]

Enjoy your new panel, David, get all the bugs worked out and then participate in that forum group and help others!

Thanks again Rick! And that is an awesome panel!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, awesome! My Grandfather's Cessna 180 had an old Narco Superhomer radio, we used to call them coffee grinders, and they weren't much better than the Sperry you see above!

Here's what the panel looked like when I got done with it! No more Sperry! Much nicer!

2020-8-1_18-0-11-562.jpg

Yeah, awesome! My Grandfather's Cessna 180 had an old Narco Superhomer radio, we used to call them coffee grinders, and they weren't much better than the Sperry you see above!

Here's what the panel looked like when I got done with it! No more Sperry! Much nicer!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220557[/ATTACH]

Looking good!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're gonna wake up the dead with those engines. :D

The Janet aircraft back in the day that took employees to and from Area-51 were 737-200's. I read people were complaining of the noise they made so I guess this was one reason why EG&G? bought 737-600's which are now in use today. And they were bought from China no less. They do have a Beechcraft 1900 C or D. Maybe more than one. Since I saw one of the flight plans for that Beechcraft was to Nut Tree airport in CA, in the Sim at my created Area-51 that's exactly where it would go to and from. I actually think there might be a military base or something related to aviation there so that would be the reason why they would go to Nut Tree.

Edit-

So it looks like Janet was run by EG&G, then URS and now URS was bought by AECOM. :rolleyes:

Edit 2-

I need to contact my stock broker... LOL!

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Looking at that livery there, I think that might make a good looking shoe design. LOL No kidding though, I find a lot of shoe designs today to look ugly as sin.

Anyway, just thought that color would make a great Sketcher or something. HAHAHA

Well, as luck would have it with one of my recent downloads, I was having problem with the livery in flight. The green would get blurry when looking from an outside left view, I could then toggle to the exterior right view, it would look clear, return to the exterior left view, now clear? I return to the cockpit view, all is good until going back to the left exterior view, blurry again. Okay, as I have always maintained, if a freeware download is not right in every way after making an exerted effort to correct it, to file 13 it goes, and in this case that is what happened! I loved this livery and hated to see it go, but life goes on!

This morning, I went searching other flight sim sites, and lo and behold, I found the same aircraft painted by a different party, and to be truthful, this one looks better than the first!! I guess I am living right here lately! We were spared by not getting the hurricane and now I found a replacement download for an aircraft I sent to file 13 out of frustration!

Here he is, and I say "he" because he's got that "bad boy" look to him! Pretty, but bad!

2020-8-3_15-21-23-777.jpg

Edited by Downwind66

Looking at that livery there, I think that might make a good looking shoe design. LOL No kidding though, I find a lot of shoe designs today to look ugly as sin.

Anyway, just thought that color would make a great Sketcher or something. HAHAHA

coyote.jpg

Darren - I saw this paint/livery and I just had to have it. And, when I did have it, the plane was getting blurry in flight. I really wanted a fix, and I found another developer who painted the same livery, but this paint was a little darker green, and no glitch either! See post #14 above and I am very pleased with it!

Thanks for commenting!