Site Speed is Back!

andyjohnston

Have been accessing from phone lately. (weather too nice for sitting at pc. ).

Didn't see any speed issue worse then normal in 'last few days'. (And the "normal slowness" is simply caused by this phone. Not by the site.)

So speed was fine, but did notice something else. Last night I couldn't access Flightsim.com. I think it was between approximately 18.00 and 01.00 Gmt.

The message was:

cloudflare

ddos protection by cloudflare.

Checking your browser before accessing Flightsim.com. This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly. Please allow up to 5 seconds. DDos protection by cloudflare.

I did not get redirected, but that can well be because of my browser. (My browser on phone may simply not do redirecting. Not sure.).

I did not try to reach the site from my Pc browser. (were redirect should normally work.)

I also did not jot down the ray-id number.

I wasn't too worried about it. It's happened before. And it was always fixed quickly.

Those times the cause was either 'site was actually having a DDos attack' or 'we were simply working on the server'.

I did not keep trying past 01.00 Gmt. Today around 10.00 Gmt I got in again without issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]