The video you've been waiting for is here!

A video showing a press release copy of the sim:

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The press & several youtubers were given a copy to try (with no watermarks) and permission to publish videos online.

Alpha/Beta testers are still bound to the NDA

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Wow! All I can say is wow!

Imagine this product a year or so hence after we get some third party stuff to play with as well.

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

He talks about the download cache @ 31:25, I was relieved to hear it was completely configurable. I planned on installing the sim to NVMe and the cache will be on my 10Tb HDD.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Not to mention sales of the Reverb G2 - I’ve just bitten the bullet & ordered one. Talk about expensive!

£639!! Apparently it was £100 cheaper a few days ago. I’d never even heard of it until this week.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I was planning to get a new SSD to provide room for MSFS, but I am thinking if I uninstall P3D, XP11 and Aerofly FS2, I will have enough room on my present SSD. Hmmm - interesting thought!

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

That's actually a very good demonstration of what the Sim is capable of seen as how he lives in what amounts to be no where and yet everything seems to be depicted as it should be in real life. He even said he could follow the the road for navigation.

Am I seeing things, or did the runway he took off from look like it had real life dips and hills? In the Sims prior runways were all unrealistically flat. In real life they are not like that at all and if I'm not mistaken, a plate will say this.

That's actually a very good demonstration of what the Sim is capable of seen as how he lives in what amounts to be no where and yet everything seems to be depicted as it should be in real life. He even said he could follow the the road for navigation.

Am I seeing things, or did the runway he took off from look like it had real life dips and hills? In the Sims prior runways were all unrealistically flat. In real life they are not like that at all and if I'm not mistaken, a plate will say this.

I didn’t notice at first, but you have a keen eye, the runway was not flat.

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

XP11 has graded runways as an option so this will be really great if in FS2020.

Actually is it me or does the FS2020 interface have more than a nod towards the XP front end?

The only thing with that video, apart from maybe the guy having a bit less coffee before doing the voiceover, is that a comparison between what we see with the streamed data as opposed to the default world from the basic install would have been useful.

Vern.

So since it seems like I was right that the runway had dips and hills, I guess that means there's code to simulate the gravitational forces that act on these points on the ground. Although, I guess that's even true for FSX or FS2004. I mean, you could land on a hill top side and I'm sure end up falling down the mountain. I think... That's something I'll have to see if there realy is a gravitational force on the ground versus being in the air in FSX. As it stands now anyway, you could land on the water and not sink to the bottom.

I only messed around with the XP demo for a short time. I guess the interface or what ever you'd call it does look similar.

There's a mountain rescue mission in FSX where you land the Maule with skis on a sloping glacier. Having landed, you need to keep some power on to stop the plane sliding backwards down the glacier.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64