FS2020 equipment minimums

Searched the forum and couldn't find anything on this so I'm asking.

I am aware of what MS has published as the hardware minimums (https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013463459-Minimum-Recommended-and-Ideal-PC-Specifications-for-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator). The question is:

Will FS2020 fail to run without those hardware minimums or will it just run poorly? For instance;

1 With a 1 GB vram graphics card will it fail to run?

2 With anything less than an Intel or AMD CPUs & GPUs listed will it fail to run?

Thanks.

Hi, I’m not sure any of us can answer that.

You haven’t said which graphics card or cpu or even the amount of RAM you have.

If you don’t want to upgrade your pc.. maybe get the Xbox game pass on the month’s trial (for £1) you will then be able to download MSFS (on the 18th) and try it.

“Maybe” it’ll run with all the sliders on minimum.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks for the response. My question was to try to determine if it would run at all or if I would get an incompatible system prompt and it would fail to run, even poorly.

Good suggestion about the download and trial. I've got an old (2012) MacBook Pro w/ 10g ram that also boots to Win10 & on which I run FSX occasionally & I may give that a try. More curious than committed right now and would like to avoid wasting $70 if possible.

Thanks again.

I'm going to speculate and say the only absolute requirement is Windows 10 and memory and obviously disk space.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

• 5 weeks later...

I was able to download and install FS2020 through the Xbox Game Pass. Installed the update, too.

Install was to a external drive connected through IEEE1394 (Firewire 800). Program will not load fully. Loads about 50%, to the shot of the Cessna 172 heading into the mountains, and then crashes to desktop. Deleted and reinstalled, and also did a reset which also required another download and reinstall. Same result, CTD at 50% load.

Not sure if the CTD is because of system not meeting minimum requirements or not. I have noticed others seem to have the the 50% load and CTD issues and imagine some of them are on compliant systems. Will likely delete once the $1 Xbox game pass time limit expires.