So You've Been Doing This How Long?

Back in the days of FS-2004 I created this fictional airport in the northeastern US, and then upgraded it to FSX, and have since brought into P3D as well. I fly into it tons, it's become really my second home.

And it was just recently that I realized the it's in a position where I could go from there and make a quick trip to Boston and beyond.

It's only been 15+ years...

Sigh.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

sigh, indeed...

I took up Flight Simulator with FS4 about 1991 and bought every version through FSX, then P3D v2 and v3. Along the way I also had ATP (Airline transport Pilot), F-14 Tomcat - Fleet Defender, CFS3, Flight Unlimited and EF2000. In FS4 I made a 64k scenery for my hometown (Memphis) and another for West Tennessee that joined a downloaded version of Nashville.

I didn't do any more scenery work until FS9, when I made a fictional runway for the Bonneville Salt Flats just across the highway from Wendover, Utah. I rebuilt it for FSX and still fly it today in all my current sims (FSX, P3d 2.5 and P3d 3.3).

Tower view

BONN_twr.jpg

Ramp

BONN_ramp.jpg

Pattern Right

BONN_pattern.jpg

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Awesome. I guess I'm thinking, two weeks until the new flightsim is out, and all this time I never ever paid attention to this silly fact.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

I am among those who have NOT pre-purchased and may not buy it for many months. It lacks too many core FSX features that I am unwilling to give up. Our multiplayer group flies FSX, P3d v2, and P3d v5. We will not transition until connectivity between the sims is assured... if ever - that's up to Asobo and MS and the coding/features they choose to include.

LL

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

I've flown every version since FS1.0 (1984). But I'm through chasing rainbows. FSX is the end of the line for me..........Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I got FS4.0, but I really didn't get into it until FS95. I subsequently have had FS98, FS2000, still have FS2002, FS2004, FSX, and then went to X-Plane 11.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Started around 1985, give or take a year.Think it was called Sub-Logic or something like that. I remember heading south from KORD to look at any scenery. Only thing visible was green until I reached the Gulf of Mexico, then blue..

In one of the later versions I spent oodles of time trying to improve KMSY, my home town field where I briefly worked for the National Weather Service. Created buildings, improved ramps, added fuel storage tanks, etc. Even closed most of it in with page-wire fence. What a waste of time. I think all it did was give me crummier frame rates. Should have used that time reading some Tolstoy novels.

I've flown every version since FS1.0 (1984). But I'm through chasing rainbows. FSX is the end of the line for me..........Doug

Very cool Doug! Congrats! I started with FS 4.0. Please check out my new trailer on the history of Flight Simulator. Should trigger some great memories. Really enjoying the research and putting this together!

Started around 1985, give or take a year.Think it was called Sub-Logic or something like that. I remember heading south from KORD to look at any scenery. Only thing visible was green until I reached the Gulf of Mexico, then blue..

In one of the later versions I spent oodles of time trying to improve KMSY, my home town field where I briefly worked for the National Weather Service. Created buildings, improved ramps, added fuel storage tanks, etc. Even closed most of it in with page-wire fence. What a waste of time. I think all it did was give me crummier frame rates. Should have used that time reading some Tolstoy novels.

Yes it was SubLogic! Check out the video in my signature!

I got FS4.0, but I really didn't get into it until FS95. I subsequently have had FS98, FS2000, still have FS2002, FS2004, FSX, and then went to X-Plane 11.

Blueprint of my timeline plus switching to X-Plane. I’ll be going to FS2020 but also keeping X-Plane.

I just got into the civilian flight sim hobby in July. Before that I've been playing DCS for awhile now, would like to say since 2018. Currently running FSX-SE and DCS. Will upgrade to FS2020 on release. Looking forward to it!

My first serious foray into flight simulation came in 1987/88 when my parents bought me Flight Simulator II by Sublogic.

I'm 45 now...and yes, it does seem like a long time :-)

Cheers

Dom

Almost as long as I've been flying. Started with gliders about the same time. Taught by the late, great Derek Piggott. Was another `victim` of his party trick doing a low, inverted pass at Lasham sans power, with a half-loop to land.

Moved to powered flight a few years later.

Got my PPL a few years after that, and have kept it up since then, keeping my hand in with real and fake flying....

My first FS was on the Commodore 64. Here's an Eiffel Tower flyby.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220659[/ATTACH]

Its amazing how far technology has come. That screenshot looks like an absolute mess but I'm sure at the time people were in awe of it. I'm fortunate enough to be in my early 30's and will experience even higher graphical fidelity in the years to come.

My first ever flight game? Fly! 2.

LEGO blocks as clouds.... lol.

Then I “move up” to Flight Unlimited 3. Could only fly in and around Washington State. Only jet was a Lear I think.

I finally bought MSFS 2002 because of my wanting to fly a jumbo jet, anywhere in the world.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home