Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MFS2020 and the wife!

Default MFS2020 and the wife!

Last week (Monday), I told my wife about MFS2020 and that I pre-ordered the Premium Deluxe for $119.99 that is scheduled to be released on Aug 18. Her reaction was the same as FSX, 2004, 2000, 98, and 95 - "Oh... Ok... well I won't be seeing much of you for awhile, so I'll remind you of the kids and grandkids birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!"-pause- "So does this mean I'll be eating dinner alone for the next 6 months too?"
    I know there are probably at least a couple of you fellow simmers out there who totally understand and agree. After a wonderful 33 year airline career, my wife is totally cool with my flight sim hobby and happy that I survived to retire healthy... but she hates it when a new version arrives, although she thought the video previews on YouTube were really cool.

Very good! I’m pretty sure this new release will get an impressive Wow from many wives this time! All prepared in this household :-)
    Microsoft Flight Simulator - Concept to Reality - 1975 to 2020 - Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfgYm-jI1oE

I mentioned the price of the Premium version to my wife and response was, "You won't be spending much time on it as that sort of outlay will require the house decorating from top to bottom." I settled for the Standard version...
    Vern.

4. Default

This is perhaps just one reason why I simply won't allow a woman to corral this pony. And I've done a good job thus far! Turning 40 in October and free, free!
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

My wife actively participates in my flight simming...

When there are any jobs to be done, she comes up behind me, shakes my chair and shouts...

"TURBULENCE TURBULENCE"

Sometimes in the evenings she'll sit next to me (always with a cup of tea and a few biscuits), and take in the scenery.

She's a great girl...and to be honest...without her, my simming wouldn't be nearly as special.

Well said,Dom. Always great to share & do things together.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

UPDATE! As always. I share everything with my wife, and my initial post is no exception. She thought it was funny, yet agreeing there was a little bit of truth to it... she immediately said: "Honey, I have to remind you of the kids and grandkids birthdays all the time, with or without flight sim!" Yep... she's right!
    She loved reading the replies from all of you and can't wait for me to teach her to fly in FS2020. She does very well in FSX, but still needs more practice landing in inclement weather (winds, rain, and limited visibility). I told her she'll be "certified" in MS2020.
    Dominic... Dawn (my wife) loved the tea and biscuits scene. My immediate reaction was to say "Grab me a Pepsi and a Hostess Cupcake and let's go flying!" She just rolled her eyes (laughing) and said "You need to find another hobby...quickly!"

Dang! Will I need a wife just to fly MSFS? Can I borrow or rent one? Hostess cupcakes?? Twinkies rule! Maybe a beer to wash it down!

No "take my wife.....please" jokes!
    Last edited by mrzippy; 07-29-2020 at 03:25 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    This is perhaps just one reason why I simply won't allow a woman to corral this pony. And I've done a good job thus far! Turning 40 in October and free, free!
    Lol. Avoided the nightmare for 63 years.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Dang! Will I need a wife just to fly MSFS? Can I borrow or rent one? Hostess cupcakes?? Twinkies rule! Maybe a beer to wash it down!

No "take my wife.....please" jokes!
    single now too, rent would have been much cheaper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast