MFS2020 and the wife!

Last week (Monday), I told my wife about MFS2020 and that I pre-ordered the Premium Deluxe for $119.99 that is scheduled to be released on Aug 18. Her reaction was the same as FSX, 2004, 2000, 98, and 95 - "Oh... Ok... well I won't be seeing much of you for awhile, so I'll remind you of the kids and grandkids birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!"-pause- "So does this mean I'll be eating dinner alone for the next 6 months too?"

I know there are probably at least a couple of you fellow simmers out there who totally understand and agree. :D After a wonderful 33 year airline career, my wife is totally cool with my flight sim hobby and happy that I survived to retire healthy... but she hates it when a new version arrives, although she thought the video previews on YouTube were really cool.

I mentioned the price of the Premium version to my wife and response was, "You won't be spending much time on it as that sort of outlay will require the house decorating from top to bottom." I settled for the Standard version... :)
Vern.

My wife actively participates in my flight simming...

When there are any jobs to be done, she comes up behind me, shakes my chair and shouts...

"TURBULENCE TURBULENCE" :D

Sometimes in the evenings she'll sit next to me (always with a cup of tea and a few biscuits), and take in the scenery.

She's a great girl...and to be honest...without her, my simming wouldn't be nearly as special.

UPDATE! As always. I share everything with my wife, and my initial post is no exception. She thought it was funny, yet agreeing there was a little bit of truth to it... she immediately said: "Honey, I have to remind you of the kids and grandkids birthdays all the time, with or without flight sim!" Yep... she's right!

She loved reading the replies from all of you and can't wait for me to teach her to fly in FS2020. She does very well in FSX, but still needs more practice landing in inclement weather (winds, rain, and limited visibility). I told her she'll be "certified" in MS2020.

Dominic... Dawn (my wife) loved the tea and biscuits scene. My immediate reaction was to say "Grab me a Pepsi and a Hostess Cupcake and let's go flying!" She just rolled her eyes (laughing) and said "You need to find another hobby...quickly!" :)

Dang! Will I need a wife just to fly MSFS? Can I borrow or rent one? Hostess cupcakes?? Twinkies rule! :cool: Maybe a beer to wash it down!

No "take my wife.....please" jokes! ;)

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Dang! Will I need a wife just to fly MSFS? Can I borrow or rent one? Hostess cupcakes?? Twinkies rule! :cool: Maybe a beer to wash it down!

single now too, rent would have been much cheaper.

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

I think some of us need to go to match.com and type in a request for a "Gamer Girl". However we might end up as co-pilot :)
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Mine said "Gee, how many times have you watched that video [YouTube trailer]?"

Me "Uh...a few [=11 times]"

"Then you'd better get it, and the premium one or you'll be so unhappy"

Me :)

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

Well my friend your wife is a smart girl. She rather not see you while you're at home Flight Simming that not see you while you hit the bars with friends and God knows what else.

Blue Skies Amigo

+1!!! My wife thinks along those lines as well!!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I don't think there are too many people on this site who would know who Henny Youngman was....

Brigadier General Frank Savage

918th Bomb Group "Hard Luck Group"

In my 20's I used to drink and smoke - $$. In my 30's I drank, smoked and took up golf - $$$. In my 40's I quit drinking and smoking and played a lot more golf - $$$$. All along I have been flight simming since my first IBM PS/2, maybe XT, I can't remember. Now In my 50's I am down to P3D and soon FS2020. No golf, no booze, no butts. Been with my wife all along and the $120 for the hours of enjoyment I will get from FS2020 is a mere drop in the bucket compared to any hobby I can think of. Don't know why I posted this but I do know that it has been, and will continue to be, a great time to be around to see the evolution of this hobby of ours (with the exception of Microsoft Flight)!

i7 8700k no oc, 16gb DDR4-3000, GTX 1080i, P3D on M.2 Nvme

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
well said, lestercat. Great times, indeed. I'm particularly interested in the VatSim integration option - I might just finally get around to being more than just 'registered'.

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

Mine was VERY cool about it. She actually told me to go buy a new PC since my old one died about 3 years ago. I was still running FS9 and had it all tweaked out with tons of payware A/C and FS Passengers. Gave me a budget of $2000.00 and said have at it. Took my college son with me to Micro Center and built a gaming rig for $1999.23.

Her logic was that I have 2 hobbies. Golf and Flight Sim and haven't been able to do the simming stuff for a number of years. We both work for the airlines and she creates the schedules a month in advance for crews to fly. She created pairings for me to fly.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Well my beloved Wife "MADE" me buy a PC capable of running MSFS 2020.

Had almost the ideal setup. I added 32 more gigs of ram and a nve m-2 500 gig SSD. I7 ninth gen.

The video card is a 2060 nvidia.

A Ibuypower rig from Costco.

My wife of 32 years is super excited for me. She totally gets my passion for aviation since she's been with me since we were kids. she'll watch me start the download at midnight and then we'll hit the sack till 5 or 6 am then we'll be up for the day and i'll get the whole day to flight sim. After 32 years she's still a cool and cute lady !!!

My system

MSI GE75 Raider

Intel Core i7 10750H CPU 32 GB Ram

2T SSD HD Geforce RTX 2080 Super

Last year I experienced "death wobble" in my Jeep. Told my wife I had to have it fixed because it scared the Hell out of me. Mentioned that the Jeep had been paid off since 2010 and I'd like to get a simple little lift kit at about $700 plus installation. She agreed. Got it home a few days later and she said it looked like it skipped leg day at the gym and to go ahead and get bigger tires. I needed new wheels because the tires wouldn't fit on mine. She said go ahead. Told her my spare tire holder wouldn't hold these new tires and I needed a new one. She agreed. The new holder came with a bumper.. problem solved. Brought it home and asked her to go riding with me. She couldn't get in because it was too tall. She told me to get some side steps. Done! It was the three sets of fog lights that finally shut down the Jeep rebuild, but SHE rebuilt my Jeep!

I've been priming the pump for a new computer since I heard about FS2020.. At this point I think she just agreed to shut me up and because she knows I don't chase loose women. I mean, I would chase them, but I taught her how to shoot and she knows where I sleep. I'm also old and fat, can't catch them anymore and would rather be flying.