FSX library of STARs

pdungan

I've been flying FSX now since it came out and have several aircraft that I purchased to allow more performance especially with the MCDU.

I would like to know how to include a STAR in my FSX flight plan and be able to preview any particular STAR to make sure I'm not bring yanked all over the sky. I suspect that the only way I can "preview" a SID or STAR will cost me a membership in one of the established chart systems. Seems a bit cost ineffective to me.:confused:

A no-cost source of IFR charts, including STARS, is flightaware.com. Browse by airport and you'll see both an IFR and VFR tab where many charts in pdf format can be downloaded. Not completely comprehensive or always current, but it's free. Many, if not most, major US airport charts can be found there. Charts for airports outside the USA can often be found via Internet searches, often at regional VATSIM web sites and other free sources.

I'll leave an explanation of how to include STARS in your flight plan to the better, more eloquent sim pilots. On my rig, I use payware Flightsim Commander, ... now don't laugh - the old but easy-to-use Abacus CoPilot Pro flight planner, and the FSX built-in flight planner too, the FSX built-in Garmin GPS units and, less often, the free Honeywell FMC on some aircraft. Not going for as-real-as-it-gets here by any means, just going for the fun, and those flight planning tools work for me.

Edited by ftldave
fix txt

I've been flying FSX now since it came out and have several aircraft that I purchased to allow more performance especially with the MCDU.

I would like to know how to include a STAR in my FSX flight plan and be able to preview any particular STAR to make sure I'm not bring yanked all over the sky. I suspect that the only way I can "preview" a SID or STAR will cost me a membership in one of the established chart systems. Seems a bit cost ineffective to me.:confused:

Are you not inputting the SIDS/STARS manually? You can. No memberhip required.