Upgrade Windows ten to the latest version.

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All (Posted on the fs 2004 forum because I feel will get more views)

I was wondering whether or not i should update to the latest version of w10 (my current installation is 1809) As things stand everything (more importantly Fs9) is running without problems. I have noticed that some people have had issues with the latest (1909 I think) , particularly sound problems i.e. there isn't any when running Fs9.

I realize there will be differing opinions ,and ultimately it will be my decision ,but i would still like your thoughts anyway.

Cheers to you all.

Andy

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

No issues whatsoever in updating Windows 10 to the latest 2004 version. I prefer having an updated operating system, with all the security patches.

No problems running my 8 different versions of FS2004.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

No issues whatsoever in updating Windows 10 to the latest 2004 version. I prefer having an updated operating system, with all the security patches.

No problems running my 8 different versions of FS2004.

Thanks Robin

And also thanks for your tip about naming various installations of Fs9 on a pc I have done that myself , to avoid any unwelcome interaction's between them.

One thing I did notice was when renaming the copy of Fs9 on my C drive was the amount of time it took for the renaming action to take place, normally it's an instant operation,but with Fs9 it took about thirty to forty seconds before anything happened,but the name change was eventually accepted, whether this is something to do with windows security I don't know.

Thanks for your Input to my upgrade windows question .I will see what (if any ) other thoughts on this question are forthcoming.

Thanks Andy

This will be the correct answer! lol

If everything is working perfectly, don't touch it.

If you are paranoid about your security, upgrade.

Version Win 10 v20175 just installed here. I regularly update Win 10, make it a habit.

Make a habit of it, in fact as Win10 is often outmoded by Hotfixes and amendments.

Mark's advice is only valid if you NEVER go online.

Lol, Mark, if everything was working perfectly, We'll still be on Windows XP.

It's not being paranoid, it's being realistic. The normal Windows 10 upgrades have upgraded my security issues, Intel display & other stuff as well.

'Shrug'.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Lol, Mark, if everything was working perfectly, We'll still be on Windows XP.

It's not being paranoid, it's being realistic. The normal Windows 10 upgrades have upgraded my security issues, Intel display & other stuff as well.

'Shrug'.

We are on Windows 10 for Microsoft's pockets, nothing else.

You run FS9 in compatibility mode. That's a potential security risk. You better uninstall those 8 security risks if you are serious about it. lol

Mark Daniels

No, Mark.. My PC with Windows 10 is secure, as much as it can be. Running a program within Windows 10 in compatibilty mode as no effect, whtsoever, with security issues. They still run within Windows 10, compatibilty mode does nothing at all to compromise security. You should know better, Mark.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Running a program within Windows 10 in compatibilty mode as no effect, whtsoever, with security issues. They still run within Windows 10, compatibilty mode does nothing at all to compromise security. You should know better, Mark.

I do on many occasions but others don't understand and then slam me. You can potentially compromise security running compatibility modes. As mentioned regarding MSFS out of focus clouds, I am not wrong.

Mark Daniels

Not slamming you at all. The only security issue that I have had is due to me downloading a bad program, but Windows Defender blocked it & Malwarebytes removed it, quicker than it took to type this. FS2004, running in Compatibility mode cannot affect security issues.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa