Ultimate Traffic Live: Worth the $45?

Sampa

So, getting fed up with the empty textures in the current freeware ai package I am using and am wondering, is Ultimate Traffic Live worth the $45 I would need to get it?

1+1=cow :p

"WE jumped out a WINdow!" -Baymax (from Big Hero 6)

Why not build your own AI traffic from AIG and MAIW (for starters)?

Tons of stuff available out there for free.

Jorgen

mostly due to lack of full time in the day to accomplish the feat while still finding enjoyment in the game.

Building an own AI traffic with some legs is ok, but a world wide one? Sorry, that's quite utopic!

Regarding UTL, the statistic screenshot at Aerosoft site seems showing no European traffic. So be careful.

Bernard

Edited by leuen

Building an own AI traffic with some legs is ok, but a world wide one? Sorry, that's quite utopic!

Regarding UTL, the statistic screenshot at Aerosoft site seems showing no European traffic. So be careful.

Bernard

I will make note of that. but, given that the date shown in the stats, I would find that evidence as questionable at best... (2006-2007). In any case, this is an example of what I am getting frustrated with using my free AI Traffic package: CqhzIHd.jpg

Leuen, allow me to quote:

"Building an own AI traffic with some legs is ok, but a world wide one? Sorry, that's quite utopic!"

No, it is not. Over the years I have collected almost 7,000 AI flight plans, with AI airline, military, business and GA aviation all over the world. Those flight plans are "populated" by nearly 120 GB of AI aircraft.

Jorgen

I made about 1,000 trafficfiles for my FSX - without the ships traffic files which are about 2,000 incl. the files from Henrik Nielsen and from myself. It is for me the best way to fill the regions I am used to fly with AI-traffic. Visiting this areas I never met a plane I doesn't like or a overcrowded airport. Finding a airport without traffic I made some for my own. Why should I purchase a ready traffic? I think (for me!) it would be boring. So I have enough to do with my beloved hobby:cool:

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

No, it is not. Over the years I have collected almost 7,000 AI flight plans, with AI airline, military, business and GA aviation all over the world. Those flight plans are "populated" by nearly 120 GB of AI aircraft.

Did you collected or created them yourself? That's quite different. And member "Sampa" is obvisouly searching for a suitable world wide package and not just pattern flights. Furthermore it probably should be more or less actual. Not very easy.

Bernard

So, getting fed up with the empty textures in the current freeware ai package I am using and am wondering, is Ultimate Traffic Live worth the $45 I would need to get it?

I hear ya... time is limited. I have barely enough time to install user aircraft and fly them so I always just get payware traffic ai.

I have UTL for FSX, works good, crashes sometimes when I close FSX. They are working on a V2 that will natively install to P3Dv5 with a free upgrade.

Regarding the missing texture in you posted picture: You can just locate that particular model and examine the aircraft folder to see why the textures don't load.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thank you all for your thoughts. I have thought about it, and spoke with a few youtubers, and read all your comments and decided to go ahead and get UTL. Thank you all for the help!

Did you get UTL yet?

I just wanted to complicate your decision by making a comparison to Traffic 360 (I have both).

The aircraft in UTL are more of a hodgepodge collection where as the aircraft in Traffic 360 seem more refined.

I made a flight into Guantanamo Bay, Cuba with Traffic 360. There were C-130's and fighter aircraft taking off and landing. In UTL, NOTHING! Just one example but I think Just Flight has a more robust AI program with the latest version, Traffic Global (Still early release) which I plan to get for FS2020 if and when it becomes available.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro