I have messed up.

HoratioWondersocks

hello all

Don't ask me how ,but I have inadvertently messed up my default world textures trying to install VOZ180.

Can any body tell me which folders I need to regain my original seasonal world textures from a reinstall of FS9?

I cant use my FS9 backup as that has also lost its original textures as well.

If somebody in the know about these things can help it would be much appreciated.

I would just like the original fs9 textures restored.

If you are thinking about installing VOZ180 READ THE INSTRUCTIONS carefully . I did not ,hence the mess I am in.

cheers Andy

Voz has an UnVOZ option, have you tried that yet?

Hello to you.

My problem was being to inpatient and not reading the voz1.80 instructions carefully.

Because I couldn't get Voz to work in every region of Australia I uninstalled it...this was a bad idea, because I didn't UNVOZ (as you mentioned) before I unin. This meant that all my default textures were replaced worldwide by Voz textures in both of my Fs9 installations, and with no easy way of getting my default textures back.

But!!!..the good news...I remembered I had a third Fs9 backup on an old external drive ,I set about copying and pasting that over my Vozed installation and all was fine again with my default textures.

These posts I have been making about Voz 1.80 are not in anyway a criticism of the add-on ,but my stupidity in not reading the installation instructions correctly.

I still have the package on my PC and may have another go sometime .

Cheers Andy

Good to hear you have another backup. I have a fresh install as a backup on an external drive.

I love VOZ, but not really interested in the textures. I just install it and add it to my scenery

library, but skip switching out the ground textures. Lots of great airport improvements.

There is a great "Unofficial Scenery Guide" in the library....search file name vozguide.zip

Good to hear you have another backup. I have a fresh install as a backup on an external drive.

I love VOZ, but not really interested in the textures. I just install it and add it to my scenery

library, but skip switching out the ground textures. Lots of great airport improvements.

There is a great "Unofficial Scenery Guide" in the library....search file name vozguide.zip

Hello Again

My first experience with VOZ was not a great one owing to me not taking the time read the install instructions correctly, and getting my default textures overwritten worldwide because i unin VOz BEFORE ! using the unvoz button.

Having taken the time to read the instructions carefully ,i am going to try rein again today.

I saw enough to be impressed.

Cheers to you

Andy

PS Thank heavens for FS9 backups.

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

We've all been there.

The problem becomes worse when you have several texture replacers; typically the first thing they do is make a backup of "default" textures, so you're in trouble right off the bat if you install one while textures from another are active, eventually you lose track of what is installed, much less what each has backed up as "default". And one day you fly over a lake which has two distinct textures with a straight line of demarcation down the middle and wonder, "whose fault?"

I consider GEPro my "default" textures, so its backup is the actual defaults (also zipped so they're easily available, just in case), and I never use backups from any other replacers. Also keep a backup of my "in use" textures since many have been tweaked with REX. And I still manage to get things SNAFU'd occasionally (like the time I tweaked river textures and ended up with the entire Gulf Coast looking like a cesspool).