MSFS2020 vs XPlane 11

Will the MSFS2020 be much better than xplane 11 ?
Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

https://youtu.be/lZleGLSgta0

This video might help answer that.

That video is very misleading. There are many areas where that person is not even comparing apples to oranges, more like I will show you what I want to make thee other one look terrible.

I do think that XPlane can be improved on but I suggest that like everything else on the Inet it's only one sided of the story and best to do your own evaluation.

Will the MSFS2020 be much better than xplane 11 ?

Disregarding absolutely anything else about MSFS, but the latest and greatest will have out of focus clouds OMG!

I would say it blows me away anyone is intending to purchase it but with COVID panic buying, masses believing COVID is a hoax or government conspiracy to control us all, nothing surprises me any longer.

I'd suggest wait till MSFS release, read and decide. You can also expect a massive amount of bugs and problems with MSFS. When they made the 10 year life cycle claim this told you it will be released prematurely and with many missing features.

Mark Daniels

I’m not sure Covid has to do with it?

As for the subject.. I personally think X-Plane has some serious competition now & MS will keep updating and improving it over the next ten years or so

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Disregarding absolutely anything else about MSFS, but the latest and greatest will have out of focus clouds OMG!

Those "out of focus" clouds look remarkably similar to the clouds I am seeing out my window right now -- fuzzy around the edges. So what's the problem?

I use P3D v4.5 and find it better than xplane 11 based only on the cockpit layout.

There is something on the graphics by xplane in cockpits that tend to "square" everything (buttons, switches, general view., all tend to a square than to smooth round borders)

And then theres availability of addons.

Plus take into account recent PMDG newsletter, they will discontinue Xplane development, having to choose to maintain only two platforms. They chose MSFS2020 and P3D

seems Im not alone...

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Those "out of focus" clouds look remarkably similar to the clouds I am seeing out my window right now -- fuzzy around the edges. So what's the problem?

As per my other response:

Below is an example of the cloud focus mess MSFS is.

msfs-s.jpg

Mark Daniels

I bought XP11 a few weeks ago and have been rather disappointed. For a (at full price) >£50 piece of software there are many bugs and issues that shouldn't have gone beyond beta let alone well into release. There are no tutorials for any of the jetliners, there is no flight planner without using external sites. The 737 and 747 both have issues with the autopilot not resuming properly on loading a saved game, or speedbrake/landing gear/flaps having extended. Very hard to control the hedge trimmers as there is no way to tone down the P factor.

If you complain about the 737 at the XP org forum, you just get told to use the Zibo version.

There is very little freeware content for XP11 at least for the big jets and the little bit of payware I've seen is megabucks, not paying that to install in a flawed platform.

On the plus side it is more 4K compatible than FSX-SE with its tiny launch screen and the real world weather works. The default scenery and airports also look slightly better, than FSX at least.

Obviously cannot judge XP11 vs. FS2020 for a few more weeks yet, but providing MS don't screw up and it actually runs on the hardware, personally I think there is no contest which will be the winner.

Vern.

On the plus side it is more 4K compatible than FSX-SE with its tiny launch screen

Have you tried right-clicking on the fsx.exe, selecting Properties and then the Compatibility tab, where you'll find the Change high DPI settings button. I select 'Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:' and I choose System from the drop-down menu. Works a treat.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

As per my other response:

Below is an example of the cloud focus mess MSFS is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220323[/ATTACH]

As I said, I see your same "unfocused" clouds in the real sky (and everything else looks focused). Sorry it bothers you, but I do not see a problem. Even if there was one, it would be small potatoes compared to having real-world scenery everywhere -- a gigantic step forward.

one thing I hope gets fixed, not wanting to open a new thread to mention it i shall do it here:

relative movement with altitude,

that is AI traffic of cars.

As you know as soon as a plane takes off from 1000 feet upwards we perceive cars moving slower and slower. A few hundred feet higher and the cars seem to be "frozen" as well as waves in the beach

So its very annoying in the current sims that you see waves in the beach moving and cars at unrealistic speeds

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

With regard to a reply above: Anyone who thinks Covid19 is some kind of hoax designed to control the populace should go visit one of the emergency rooms in a U.S. high-positive State - but I strongly advise you to pack a mask...

Quoting someone from the rival Forum: "Have you ever noticed that all instruments designed to seek out intelligent life are pointed away from earth?"

Have you tried right-clicking on the fsx.exe, selecting Properties and then the Compatibility tab, where you'll find the Change high DPI settings button. I select 'Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:' and I choose System from the drop-down menu. Works a treat.

I've tried all that Tim. Sometimes it works once, but as soon as the PC is restarted reverts to the small display. No worries though, I just use the W10 magnifier function as required.

Have you tried the FSX SE beta? It reintegrated real world weather.

Excellent. Off to get in the programme now.

Vern.