Very low FPS on good Computer

Hello Guys!

I've built my first own Computer a few weeks ago (CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 3,6 GHz; GPU: RX580 8GB; RAM: 16GB DDR4). Unfortunately I cannot play FSX with a good Framerate. I have around 15 FPS ingame with this Settings:

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt.PNG

What can I do to get better FPS?

Thanks!!!

Also try lowering the ferry and pleasure boat density, maybe under 10%.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I'm not sure the Aircraft Labels will have much effect (unless there is a LOT of traffic), but 1600x1200 is an odd resolution. What is the NATIVE screen resolution of the OP's monitor, and what is it set to in Windows. Those should all match, for best performance.

And While I'd agree that Aircraft Casts Shadows On Itself should be unchecked, Aircraft Shadows On The Ground may be OK. Also, I suspect that Lens Flare is the biggest single culprit, followed by water settings too high. Special effects might need to go to Medium, depending on your location within the sim.

And finally, I'd set 30 fps on the frame rate, instead of Unlimited, and reduce the weather update change rate to low or none. Unlimited dosn't get much time to refresh the frame.

I'd also note that almost any rig will have poor performance in the big cities, while a more modest system (such as my 10 year old machine) can still get 30 fps or better (smoothly, even) out in the sticks (most areas). And the more detailed the airport (or city, for that matter), the worse the performance.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Everyone is assuming it's FSX's fault. But for best results on a home built rig you MUST get the latest chip set drivers for your motherboard. You also should look at what programs are running in the background when you fly. You also need to get latest drivers for your video card. Then you must tweak the FSX.cfg. Then there is ram latency, type, etc. And I agree with 'lens flare', 'water effects', 'shadows' and 'weather'. The are all frame rate killers.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Oh. Try 1280x1024x32 res and see if it helps. BUT - FSX res should always MATCH your monitor 'native' res (for best 'performance' which = FPS).

Edited by napamule2
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Just curious that you have 'filtering' as bilinear? Think most people use anisotropic now ? And no anti-aliasing? Are you letting the GPU set that? I have always used Nvidia so no idea about Radeon settings. Also do you have the highmemfix in your cfg?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

For now all i have is a regular Laptop to run FSX. Had FPS issue's. Made adjustmenst like are being suggested here. Found a program called https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-game-booster.html to help shut down background crap not required while flying and it helped ! I also spent some time manually getting rid of start up programs that I dont even need !
FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

The himemfix is part of SP2 for FSX.

I believe you still need to add the line under [GAME] in the fsx.cfg tho? My SP2 didnt add it as an entry

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

What speed is your memory set to in the bios?

Ie: if the memory is 3600mghz, is it set to actually run at 3600?

Screen resolution in game set to actual res of screen?

Just a couple thoughts I had since you said you built it yourself.

Edit: Oh. Try 1280x1024x32 res and see if it helps. BUT - FSX res should always MATCH your monitor 'native' res (for best 'performance' which = FPS). Last edited by napamule2; 07-18-2020 at 01:46 AM.
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).