Hello!

Christopher 1

Hi,

Just a short introduction.

I am Chris (50's) from Tyneside, have used all the various FS versions up to 2004. I didn't go beyond that as my computer is not high enough spec to cope with the demands of the later incarnations.

I will say (before someone points it out) I am not good with computers, keyboards or in fact most modern technology :-)

Look forward to talking to you all.

Chris.

I LIKE FLY BY WIRE TECHNOLOGY

I LIKE THE WIRE TO BE ABOUT QUARTER OF AN INCH THICK.

Hi,

Just a short introduction.

I am Chris (50's) from Tyneside, have used all the various FS versions up to 2004. I didn't go beyond that as my computer is not high enough spec to cope with the demands of the later incarnations.

I will say (before someone points it out) I am not good with computers, keyboards or in fact most modern technology :-)

Look forward to talking to you all.

Chris.

It's not going to do you much good, being a decade behind the times.

Modern tech is a prerequisite for simming in 2020.

Thanks for the Welcome chaps!

its ok...I'm used to being at least a decade behind the times :)

No dinner until all chores have been done!:)

Thanks guys, will have a raft of daft questions soon.

Chris.

About questions, this site has a search box at the top of every page. Putting a few keywords in there and pressing 'search' will find every thread ever written about the topic. (Thankfully the site has a superb long term memory.:D)

You will find an answer to most questions that way. And even if an answer can't be found reading previous threads will help you ask for help in a more clear and specific way, which leads to better and quicker answers.

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haha! I like that..I also have a collection of vintage technology, mainly old top loading VCRS but including some old consoles too

Sinclair ZX

Yamaha music computer

BBC micro

Teleng Colourstars

Atari 2600

Sega megadrives

And a few black and white pong consoles

I have the old technology bug quite bad as I used to be a TV/Video Technician in a previous life

Hi Chris,

Dont worry about 'Being behind the times'. You dont have to chase the latest, & FS2004 has more freeware add-ons, & is very much supported here & on other forums. It does not need the latest hardware to work smoothly.

Depends on what you want, you will find it with FS2004. I have separate installs for Alaska, Golden Wings, Vintage & a couple of other themes.

Just have a look at the FS2004 library right here..

Best of luck.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Chris and welcome!

Flight simulation is all about having fun....so don't worry about what simulator you use :-)

The majority of the people you will meet here are both friendly and helpful, so when you get stuck, just give us a shout.

Happy flying!

Dominic