FS2020 Deluxe Pre Order

I received a notice via email that the Deluxe FS2020 was available for pre-order. Upon clicking the Pre-order button on the website, nothing happens. Yes, I've turned off ad blockers, etc...

Is the system just choked up, or is anyone else experiencing the same non-response?

Thank you,

Gary O

Who was the email from? I know I’ve had a few emails from Just Flight etc.

I ordered my (premium deluxe) copy yesterday from the main site.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Yes you get it a day earlier.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Can you still down load from the servers if you buy the boxed edition or have you to fully load up using the 10 discs ?

Sometimes, Once you have installed 1 disc, then your redirected for the full download, I would prefer to buy the box collection because it offers you more for your money

There are no feature differences between the boxed set and the digital download of the same version. So you are getting the exact same thing for your money.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

It may also be easier to Copy protect it?

Does anyone know what the Activation / Registration process is like?

Do we still need to deal with all the ridiculous Inet registration / constrains like FSX?

The FSX is getting more difficult to activate it every time I try it, and I still have an unopened box of FSX Gold. Soon they will likely disable the on line registration for FSX I am afraid.

It may also be easier to Copy protect it?

Does anyone know what the Activation / Registration process is like?

Do we still need to deal with all the ridiculous Inet registration / constrains like FSX?

The FSX is getting more difficult to activate it every time I try it, and I still have an unopened box of FSX Gold. Soon they will likely disable the on line registration for FSX I am afraid.

It's tied to your Microsoft Account through the Microsoft/Xbox Store in Windows 10, so no more product activation like FSX used.

The reason they don't do a USB is because you then could change the files on a USB where you can't change files on a DVD. That simple.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

The reason they don't do a USB is because you then could change the files on a USB where you can't change files on a DVD. That simple.

Chuck B

Napamule

If they wanted they could lock the USB sticks down too, as well as use other methods for DRM. One the other hand, 10 DVDs and associate production costs are still going to be lower than a single 90+ GB USB stick.

It's tied to your Microsoft Account through the Microsoft/Xbox Store in Windows 10, so no more product activation like FSX used.

I hope there is another procedure to get it, I do not have and do not plan to get one of those.

I hope there is another procedure to get it, I do not have and do not plan to get one of those.

I’m pretty sure you will need to register with MS/Xbox to fly MSFS. For a start, there’ll be updates etc to download, not to mention the online scenery. I don’t think signing up will be optional.

Regards, Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I don't see this requirement ever changing, even if/when it is released on Steam, Epic or other online store front.

If they wanted they could lock the USB sticks down too, as well as use other methods for DRM. One the other hand, 10 DVDs and associate production costs are still going to be lower than a single 90+ GB USB stick.

The convenience of a single source could be a lot better & maybe safer than trying to feed 10 DVDs, & a lot of PCs do not have DVDs any more. Would not the digital signature, if modded, be picked up by Microsoft when installing & updating? Anyway.. The 'hard copy'version is for Europe only, in Standard Mode at this stage. Updates, after install, will still have to be done.

Interesting times indeed.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

The 'hard copy'version is for Europe only, in Standard Mode at this stage. Updates, after install, will still have to be done.

Interesting times indeed.

That is what I was wondering - hard copy 10 DVD set sold by Aerosoft is for Europe only? Or they ship to North America also.

I read somewhere it’ll only be available in Europe “for the time being”

Maybe they’ll ship it to the USA at some point but certainly not at launch.

Regards

Steve

I selfishly applaud all "First Adopters" of new products that come to the market. It is the only practical way for the always anticipated and always present bugs to be found and corrected. Then those who choose to wait a while before buying something new can enjoy fewer hassles of ownership.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

That is what I was wondering - hard copy 10 DVD set sold by Aerosoft is for Europe only? Or they ship to North America also.

Something to consider if someone outside Europe is considering buying....DVD Regional Coding.

The source DVDs will probably be coded for the Europe region and, therefore, will not run in, say, USA/Canada DVD players without them being 'changed' to the correct region number setting. Although its possible and a easy task to change the region, it can only be done a small number of times....

Regards

Brian

That is certainly true for MOVIE DVD's and Bluray's. However DATA discs are rarely region coded.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

What about the manual? I assume the one for this sim is going to be substantially thicker (longer!) than for any previous MSFS. For those downloading, will we get a paper copy or have to manage a digital copy overlaid on the same screen as MSFS? If it's also downloadable, maybe that will be some good bedtime reading until I can get the sim installed (that is get a new PC to install it on).