Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is planning a new rig build for the new sim?

So funny enough, everything I am Planning, ram wise is going to be 64, 3200 MHz. The sim is only going to get bigger, have desirable addons via third party etc.

Just needed Windows 10 (Put on a separate NVMe drive from Windows 7), got a 10Tb HDD to use as a scenery download cache. Will consider selling a kidney for a RTX30xx later.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    Just needed Windows 10 (Put on a separate NVMe drive from Windows 7), got a 10Tb HDD to use as a scenery download cache. Will consider selling a kidney for a RTX30xx later.
    I am carefully watching for release of rtx30xx as well as “Big Navi”.

I'm just slightly above recommended specs (Ryzen 1600X, 16GB RAM, 8GB R390 graphics) and wishing I had some cash spare lol!

I had to free up a whole 180GB on one of my 250GB SSDs, so if it is mostly cached scenery I might have to look into putting it on the HDD instead - no point wearing out an SSD with all those writes!!

Hopefully it won't get TOO much bigger, 150GB and 16GB RAM should be fine, but as always, the more RAM the better!

I will try it with one screen, and with three, but usally I don't notice a drop in faps in most games when played on three screens as opposed to on one. That, though, remains to be seen, as the main games I played on three were FSX, ARMA and GTAV - I guess I'll have to try it and see.
    Last edited by alexdaszak; 07-17-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdaszak View Post
    I'm just slightly above recommended specs (Ryzen 1600X, 16GB RAM, 8GB R390 graphics) and wishing I had some cash spare lol!

I had to free up a whole 180GB on one of my 250GB SSDs, so if it is mostly cached scenery I might have to look into putting it on the HDD instead - no point wearing out an SSD with all those writes!!

Hopefully it won't get TOO much bigger, 150GB and 16GB RAM should be fine, but as always, the more RAM the better!

I will try it with one screen, and with three, but usally I don't notice a drop in faps in most games when played on three screens as opposed to on one. That, though, remains to be seen, as the main games I played on three were FSX, ARMA and GTAV - I guess I'll have to try it and see.
    Good point and I think we are in the same position.. we don’t know! I love the fact that forward thinking people are looking at it this way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdaszak View Post

I will try it with one screen, and with three, but usually I don't notice a drop in faps in most games when played on three screens as opposed to on one. That, though, remains to be seen, as the main games I played on three were FSX, ARMA and GTAV - I guess I'll have to try it and see.
    I wouldnt worry about wearing out a SSD with writes if it is a quality drive. The amount of operations they can take mean you can more or less write to them constantly for years before you hit any limit.

Personally I am going with the plan to put my FS2020 on a dedicated NVME drive, another for my steam games (cool fact if you install steam to an empty drive all steam games will install to that same drive) and have a dedicated SSD for my OS. I am hoping that FS 2020 will automatically download any updates or scenery to the drive it is installed on too. With a 1TB drive that will never be fully used that drive should last at least a decade.

You can pick up a decent Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive for about £120.
    Almost as good as the samsung EVO in spec at nearly half the cost.

MY logic is that keeping a NVME drive dedicated to FS 2020 will result in faster performance, will mean that if there is every a crash or fault, its a simple reinstall, and for the cost of just over £100 why would you not do it if you can afford to.

Bumping up the memory to 32GB and using a dedicated NVME drive for FS2020 seems to be the cheapest way to go to max your performance given the specs that have been released.
    Last edited by efanton; 07-17-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Here is what I built:

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900K (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)
    Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 each (NVIDIA NVLink SLI Enabled) (OC Ready)
    64GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz
    2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
    CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power Supply

Should hopefully be in the day before the MSFS drops, and will be upgrading internet to 45mbs before then as well.

I think quite possibly we should be able to turn the settings up a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by FrankR409 View Post
    Here is what I built:

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900K (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)
    Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 each (NVIDIA NVLink SLI Enabled) (OC Ready)
    64GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz
    2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
    CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power Supply

Should hopefully be in the day before the MSFS drops, and will be upgrading internet to 45mbs before then as well.

I think quite possibly we should be able to turn the settings up a bit...
    You make a great point that i have not heard a lot of people saying and thats the internet speed ! I have that on my upgrade list for sher !
    FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

can some one post average prices for a new pC that is slightly over the advised recommended hardware ?

1500 $ 1750 $ 2000 $ ?
    FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE
    if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....

Quote Originally Posted by lefu View Post
    can some one post average prices for a new pC that is slightly over the advised recommended hardware ?

1500 $ 1750 $ 2000 $ ?
    Mine cost £3000 in the UK.

I7 10700
    Rtx2080ti
    2 500gb ssd
    1tb hdd
    32gb ram

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast