Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who is planning a new rig build for the new sim?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Th1racer View Post
    You make a great point that i have not heard a lot of people saying and thats the internet speed ! I have that on my upgrade list for sher !
    I think there will be heartache for those who do not have adequate internet speed. I'm taking no chances. Having 200 meg service installing sometime this afternoon to replace my miserably slow 25 meg connection.

I have finally arrived at an Alienware 34" Curved Gaming Monitor - AW3420DW to go with those 2080ti cards.

This is hopefully going to be epic!

2. Default

My rig, although fairly good, definitely needs updating! (I'm taking it to a tech shop, where they will do it all for me). But what I'd like to ask anyone in the know is, will this be like the old FSX, in that you can play it on a normal, desktop PC? As I've heard that it may only be for people with an X-Box, or having to use all the correct buttons, knobs and switches as seen on screen. I would love to get it, especially with a VR headset, but will I still be able to use it? (lazy flight-simmer). I also don't want to have to play it online.

3. Default

Currently it is only released for PC, so you are in luck there. X-Box coming at a future date not yet announced.

As far as the VR goes, support for that is not on the day 1 release. It sounded as if they are committed to doing it, and I am sure they will, eventually.

You don't have to play "on-line" but that is the core of where all the graphics come into play, so try it and maybe you will like it!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FrankR409 View Post
    I’m wondering who’s planning a new rig, and how do you think you will be configuring it? Making plans myself but wondering AMD, like AMD Ryzen 9 - 3950x or I9-10900K. Let’s hear your plans!
    Just ordered my parts for the new build.

i7-10700 CPU
    MSI MEG Z490 Ace MB
    32 mb Corsair Vengeance 3200 RAM
    Samsung 970 EVO plus 500gb, and 2tb M2 PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 SSD drives
    Phanteks Eclipse P500A High Airflow Full-metal Mesh Design, ATX Mid-tower case
    Win 10 Home 64 bit

Going to use my old GTX 1070 for now. I'm hoping the new 3000 series Nvidia cards will drop soon.

Also going to get a Honeycomb flight yoke and dump the old Logitech.

Blog Entries

You guys are talking about “rigs” and leaving out the 4K monitor altogether, i opened a new thread asking specifically about 4K because i suspect it should be a major issue in order to get the quality we dream in the youtube feature show offs
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrankR409 View Post
    I think there will be heartache for those who do not have adequate internet speed. I'm taking no chances. Having 200 meg service installing sometime this afternoon to replace my miserably slow 25 meg connection.

I have finally arrived at an Alienware 34" Curved Gaming Monitor - AW3420DW to go with those 2080ti cards.

This is hopefully going to be epic!
    Internet speed is not crucial, tell you why if my experience with tileproxy days are correct:
    The first time you fly a route your graphics will be bad due to slow internet speed, but slowly all the route tiles will be downloaded in your cache system and next time you fly that same route (provided there s a way to keep the cache files) the quality will be ok despite low internet, and once all the route is cached you can even fly offline

Its a guessing but based on tile loading bing mAp experience
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Internet speed is not crucial, tell you why if my experience with tileproxy days are correct:
    The first time you fly a route your graphics will be bad due to slow internet speed, but slowly all the route tiles will be downloaded in your cache system and next time you fly that same route (provided there s a way to keep the cache files) the quality will be ok despite low internet, and once all the route is cached you can even fly offline

Its a guessing but based on tile loading bing mAp experience
    If you fly in only one area then, yes, it will cache the downloads for you. That doesn't help, though, if you fly over many different places around the world as the amount of data being used is far more than what TileProxy and the like downloaded. Asobo started with 2 petabytes of raw data to generate the scenery, and while the end result is less than that, it is still far more than your computer will be able to store.

8. Default

Thanks a lot for that Frank! Sorry it took so long for my reply.

Probably be upgrading my Ryzen 5 2600x, RX580 PC at some point.
    Waiting for AMD and Nvidia's new GPU's releases before I make any purchases.

10. Default

For those of you who can't or don't want to drop 1500 bucks +, I think you'll still enjoy a good experience. It 'seems' like this sim will not be like the others where you needed a machine that has not yet been invented to run at max sliders.

I did build a new machine - not exclusive for the sim but partly for that and partly b/c my old rig is a 2009 Core2Quad. Costs roughly $700 and I think the specs will allow a good experience (I hope) although maybe not to the level of the eyecandy i'll see here and elsewhere.

Core i3-10100 - air cooled
    EVGA Bronze 450W PSU
    GTX 1660 Super
    32GB DDR4
    500GB NVMe, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD
    Asus Prime B460M-A Mobo

If any interest, I'll post my experiences with this rig after launch.

Good luck to all!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast