Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vr q&a

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    It's a shame you learned nothing from that.

It's not so much that people hate VR, rather they hate they way YOU present it. You still seem to have trouble separating opinion from fact.
    So what about that VR forum? Also, can you just merge both accounts? Ghosttown is my old one I had on my phone...honestly I didn't even notice when it auto logged me in that it was a different account until I posted. I believe vbulletin has a merge feature to put all my posts/topics under one username. Can I use Vrdude instead?

An alternative VR Q&A....

Q. Does it affect your ability to see things realistically?
    A. YES - it makes you think that its the only thing around and all people must convert.

Q. Does it give you tunnel vision?
    A. YES - it makes you think that its the only thing around and all people must convert.

Q. Is it some form of Religion?
    Regards

Brian

Well said Brian! +1
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

4. Default

How well will VR work if you are a cyclops like me? I have only one working eye due to cancer, my state allows me to drive, but my insurance rate is double because of it. Driving is not really a problem other than occasional depth perception issues and drive throughs some things just requires two eyes.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by f18driver View Post
    How well will VR work if you are a cyclops like me? I have only one working eye due to cancer, my state allows me to drive, but my insurance rate is double because of it. Driving is not really a problem other than occasional depth perception issues and drive throughs some things just requires two eyes.

I posted this earlier when another member was asking.

Quote Originally Posted by VRdude View Post
    Actually no. I just tested it with one eye closed and it looks the same. It looked just like it would if I were flying in the real world with one eye closed. I guess you don't get the same depth perception just like you wouldn't in the real world, but that would be more realistic anyway. Honestly I couldn't tell any difference with one eye or with both eyes as far as the VR experience.

Likewise here. I have a lazy left eye (it can't even read the top letter at the opticians) which can't be corrected by glasses. I am okay to drive as the right eye compensates but I would imagine VR would not be very effective. In addition I am prone to severe optical disturbances if I focus on a close point for any length of time (possibly a variation on optical migraine, but unable to get an appointment at the hospital eye clinic to confirm due to ongoing Covid-19) so I am not about to try anything that might aggravate or trigger that.

Finally my wife already complains about getting my attention when on the PC, so wearing a VR headset is unlikely to improve her view of that...
    Vern.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Elvensmith View Post
    Likewise here. I have a lazy left eye (it can't even read the top letter at the opticians) which can't be corrected by glasses. I am okay to drive as the right eye compensates but I would imagine VR would not be very effective. In addition I am prone to severe optical disturbances if I focus on a close point for any length of time (possibly a variation on optical migraine, but unable to get an appointment at the hospital eye clinic to confirm due to ongoing Covid-19) so I am not about to try anything that might aggravate or trigger that.

Finally my wife already complains about getting my attention when on the PC, so wearing a VR headset is unlikely to improve her view of that...
    Sounds like you need VR more than I do
    Not sure about your specific case but VR works fine with one eye closed.

Not sure about your specific case but VR works fine with one eye closed.
    One eye closed for a moment is NOT the same as being without an eye or as having a lazy eye or other eye impairment. Try to see someone else's viewpoint instead of trying to force yours on everyone else.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi Brian, I actually like VR but still liked your post. I made me laugh while eating my lunch (working down the road from you at Elmsall

Regards
    Steve

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    One eye closed for a moment is NOT the same as being without an eye or as having a lazy eye or other eye impairment. Try to see someone else's viewpoint instead of trying to force yours on everyone else.
    I can do a whole flight with one eye closed no problem...still looks amazing. Not sure what the difference is. Whatever it is it will be the same with everything not just VR. But if some people can't use VR I get that...but just because they can't use it doesn't take away from it. It's still the most realistic option out there even if they don't use it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast