Questions regards the New 2020 sim

Ok, I am a bit of a novice but done a check on requirements and it looks like my Graphics card is not good enough and i am on windows 8.1 , I guess i should be able to update to windows 10, but will i loose everything from my hard drive?

I have the GeForce GTX 750 Ti Minimum: Radeon RX 570 or GeForce GTX 770 or better, So do i need to go to the expense of a new card and whats the minimum i can expect to pay? (would it be cheaper buying a xbox?)

Everything else is OK

Regards airports, I bought a lot of add on airports , like bangkok, KL, Doha and lots more, How will the airports look compared to the ones that i have bought since the new 2020 do not have these on their list.

Thank you for any help and advice

On the Windows 10 side, the upgrade from 7 or 8.1 is still free.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/02/04/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-for-free-in-2020/#2815e17c75ff

Yes, you will want a new GPU for the sim to get the most out of it. As for cost, that depends on where you live. In the US you can check places like Newegg to see what those GPUs are going for. If you just need to upgrade the GPU, then that would be cheaper than moving to a console, unless you go for the fastest GPU available (I would recommend aiming higher than the minimum spec GPUs though).

As the Xbox version is not available yet, no one knows how well the sim will run on it. We also don't entirely know what the upcoming Xbox Series X will cost, and that is the version I would recommend if you go the console route. While they have said the sim will run on the current Xbox One consoles, I have my doubts as to how well it will perform.

For the airports you would need to look for screenshots from Asobo to see what those look like and how they compare, or wait until after the sim is released (generally a good idea anyways). Right now none of the alpha testers can answer due to the NDA they are under.

Thank you so much for your help, I am in the UK.

I will update to windows 10 using your link and yes, Agree wait until the sim is out and check the airports, I will upgrade my GPU since its my PC that i will be using

Regards Game play, I will end up using one aircraft for long haul flights, Normally UK to Dubai, Doha and the likes, On my flight sim i have UT2 live, So its great seeing the airlines flying in the same area .

Looking like a great autumn and winter and pleased that its not on Subscription, so if i go for the expensive deal , it will only be for the airports.

Thanks again Malc

I have spent the last 24 hours trying to upgrade to windows 10 using the link provided loki but encountered a problem with Realtex bluetooth with the message Cannot update Win 10 to v1909 Realtek Bluetooth driver has to be updated.

i am then redirected to https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4529832/updating-to-windows-10-version-1903-on-devices-with-some-driver-versio

I have tried following the steps and by time i get to step 7 , Select the New folder button and rename it Realtek Bluetooth , Its not possible to select a folder and to be honest, its way over my head.

Any help on this would be great

Regards the Graphics card , I am going to go for this one " GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked Edition Graphics Card" for £130.

One thing that i am worried about and thats loosing information from my PC, But i will be selecting keep apps and files when upgrading to Windows 10, But i am sure that i will still loose a few things . (I do have a back up drive (WD Passport)

Testers are under the NDA yet, so no one can say for sure. We'll tell you on August 17th.

Seems odd that basic information of this sort would be kept under wraps, considering that so much other info (planes, airports, etc.) has been revealed. But thank you for your response.

If we were to answer then our answers would be based on the current version being tested, not necessarily the final product. Obviously MS don’t want us to discuss it, as things we may say could be incorrect.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles